Recent price drops - buy now or wait for new models? Your thoughts?

ayounggun

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
Hi all, wanted to ask you something =]

I'm going to buy a laptop in the next four weeks or so and will be swapping out the optical drive for an SSD.

I'm looking for an SSD that is around 90 - 130 pounds. If you were me, would you buy one of the SSDs that have dropped in price recently or hang tight and wait a few more weeks? I can't decide =/

I've heard that crucial are releasing some new models but would I do better to pick up a much cheaper older model?
e.g. http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/crucial-ct128m4ssd1-128gb-m4-slim-ssd-7mm-sata-6gb-s-92-75-amazon-1204395

I usually watch www.hotukdeals.com - are there any other similar deal websites you would use? if you do use them that is.

Thanks for the help =]

gerry410

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010

Well obviously it depends on what you want. if you go for the latest drives its going to cost you more. If your on a budget as it sounds like you are I would think your better of getting a currently released good rated drive. You'll be getting more bang for the buck that way. Your always going to pay more for the newest components.

@ least 128 GB

ayounggun

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
ok kl, I think I will probably buy a SSD now then. I'm not someone who is particularly bothered about having a new model for the sake of it. The performance is already very with my one (adata s511) at the moment.

thanks =]

gerry410

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
I would get anyone of the currently rated Crucial - Intel - Corsair - OCZ etc. brands. The bigger the drive the faster the performance. A 120/128 GB SSD is more than enough for your OS, drivers and a few games.
Their all good and your performance will improve tremendously. Before you load windows onto the SSD backup all your data files externally. After you load windows onto the SSD make sure you reformat the HDD.
A best answer node is always appreciated.

Keep in touch, if you need help

TRENDING THREADS