Password program for SanDisk Cruzer mini USB

Hi Gang,

Is there any program that will allow me to copy my files (mainly
MSWord), onto a SanDisk 256 MB Cruzer, in encrypted form, such that I
could plug it into another computer and have it prompt me for a
password to decrypt? It would have to be computer independent. I'm
nervous about carrying this little thing around in my pocket
unencrypted in case I should lose it. TIA.
4 answers Last reply
More about password program sandisk cruzer mini

    "FulanoDeTal" <davichominer-whatever@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Gang,
    >
    > Is there any program that will allow me to copy my files (mainly
    > MSWord), onto a SanDisk 256 MB Cruzer, in encrypted form, such that I
    > could plug it into another computer and have it prompt me for a
    > password to decrypt? It would have to be computer independent. I'm
    > nervous about carrying this little thing around in my pocket
    > unencrypted in case I should lose it. TIA.

    Why not just zip the files into a Passworded zip file?

    FulanoDeTal <davichominer-whatever@yahoo.com> writes:
    > Is there any program that will allow me to copy my files (mainly
    > MSWord), onto a SanDisk 256 MB Cruzer, in encrypted form, such that I
    > could plug it into another computer and have it prompt me for a
    > password to decrypt? It would have to be computer independent. I'm
    > nervous about carrying this little thing around in my pocket
    > unencrypted in case I should lose it. TIA.

    MS Word has its own password-protection feature which provides enough
    security to protect the files against the casually curious, and to
    slow down even fairly serious attackers. But a really determined
    attacker will be able to break it eventually.

    If you need more security than that, try something like GnuPG
    (http://www.gnupg.org).

    http://www.sandisk.com/retail/cruzer-app.asp?prod1=mini to Download
    CruzerLock (1.2MB)

    "FulanoDeTal" <davichominer-whatever@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Gang,
    >
    > Is there any program that will allow me to copy my files (mainly
    > MSWord), onto a SanDisk 256 MB Cruzer, in encrypted form, such that I
    > could plug it into another computer and have it prompt me for a
    > password to decrypt? It would have to be computer independent. I'm
    > nervous about carrying this little thing around in my pocket
    > unencrypted in case I should lose it. TIA.

Sandisk Computer USB Laptops