Do I have to update RAM according to the CPU?

GuardKnight

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
If I upgrade to a CPU with an AM3 socket then would I also have to use only ddr3 ram instead of ddr2?

Odd question and if i'm wrong then I probably sound like an idiot tytyty.

Yes amd talk here. Intel has too many cores that you will never even use. BY THE TIME THAT YOU WILL ACTUALLY BE USING IT THE PRICE WILL BE DOWN BY 90%.

Anyways, anyone know a good deal on a quad core amd cpu/motherboard/case combo?

Oh yes and is it really necessary to even buy a case? why can't I just put a mcdonalds happy meal house/cardboard box to protect the motherboard instead?

Oh yes and if my current psu doesn't fit the case can I just cut the case with scissors so it fits?

Thankyou for your time. I'm trying to upgrade into a cheap gaming rig btw.

You can use DDR2 memory with AM2+ boards, and AM3 CPUs will work in AM2+ boards, and some AM2 boards as well, although you will probably need a BIOS update for it to work. A Phenom II X3 720 2.8 GHz Black Edition or Athlon II X4 630 CPU would be good.

GuardKnight

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010

that no answer my queston i dont no what u men but i will do u wnt me 2 do but i promis u i wil do it superman hard

sry i hav bad inglis

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010

That's a great idea. The only thing to ensure is to change the cardboard box every week (I'm assuming this won't be a problem if you go to McDonald's regularly).

Oh yes and if my current psu doesn't fit the case can I just cut the case with scissors so it fits?
If your current case is made of paperboard or thermocol, then yes.