Help: Dell m5110 overclocking a8-3550m CPU w/ k10stat

aerospaceerik

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
I recently formatted my Dell M5110 laptop back to factory settings. I was looking up ways to overclock the a8-3550m CPU and found a k10stat program from https://sites.google.com/site/k10stat/ and downloaded the lastest version. I didn't really do anything with the program except push the [x] boost button and ran minecraft with cpu-Z and core temp programs to make sure the clock speed and core temperatures are at safe settings. I saw the processor jump from its stock 1.5 GHz to 2.4GHz on minecraft, and then it the screen began having random color pixels with patterns across the screen. I reset the computer and disabled the boost button on the k10stat program. Now the computer is constantly running between 1.5-2.4GHz and randomly has the buggy color pixels at random areas and expand to the rest of the screen.

I did some research online and found that the a8-3550m has a stock turbo boost that automatically kicks the computer up from 1.5 - 2.4GHz automatically, so I [x] the boost button again and ran minecraft to see if it actually did anything. Turns out the [x] boost button didn't really do anything. The core temperature never rose above 67 degees, so I'm wondering what is causing my computer to all of a sudden bug out with color pixels and patterns like a damaged GPU. Is it all coincidence that it all of a sudden fried something in the GPU AMD HD 6480G? I really don't feel like buying a new laptop and trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Anyone willing to take a stab at what I can do? Did the k10stat program actually do anything to the laptop? I'd appreciate any input.

lhikary

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
ocing a laptop is never a good idea even f u know what your doing
unless your cpu is being watercooled(yes you can water cool your cpu even in laptops but thats another story)

go to your bios and get things back to defult if its not
as for the gpu idk how can i help u but all i can say is run some gpu benchamrks to make sure its working properly