Best motherboard for digital photography editing

grmoghal

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Dear All,
I am a professional Photographer and I want a really good PC configuration that can meet my needs in pictures viewing in Adobe Bridge and editing them in Adobe Photoshop..?
I need to stitch large panoramas and browse through hundreds of High Resolution pictures. My current CPU is not enough now. Please guide me if possible...?

COLGeek

Cybernaut

+1 to 4745454b. Couldn't agree more. Describe your current system and we'll be able to provide a better answer/recommendation on how to proceed. Good luck!

grmoghal

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Dear,
I am thankful for your suggestion.

Currently I am using an "Intel Core 2 Duo 2.83" CPU with "Intel DG 33FB" Motherboard. 4GBs of DDR2 Kingston Ram and an Nvidia 1 GB Twin Frozr GPU. 4 Hard disks of 500GB each, are WD-Cavier Green. Normally it slows down when I browse my Raw images in Adobe Bridge. It takes much longer time.
Kindly suggest something affordable yet powerful enough to meet the increasing demands.

Regards,
grmoghal

4745454b

Titan
Budget? How are the drives currently being used?

I'm not sure which C2D that is and to lazy to look up. I'm guessing from the frequency its one of the newer pentium branded ones. RAM is good and the GPU is overkill. If its taking to long to browse the raw images I'm going to go with slow hdds, and possibly the CPU. If you could put 2 or 3 of those drives into a RAID0/1/5 array so they can load data faster that would be a good idea. (if your talking about browsing a folder with 100s of raw images in them, not sure anything would help.) I'm not sure you can do this with your G33 motherboard.