Closed

Help, new air cooling setup! Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Hi, I'm fairly new to the high-end air cooling products. I need some help on how to integrate the HSF unit to my LGA 1366 motherboard. Please help me out with these questions...

1. Will the Phanteks PH-TC14PE collide with my Patriot Sector 7 RAM?
http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/members/xtc-albums-review-patriot-viper-ii-sector-7-ddr3-2000-cl9-6gib-kit-im-pcghx-check-3316-picture360174-img-6907.jpg

2. How exactly should I apply the PH-NDC thermal compound to the CPU? I've worked many times with HSF units and applying thermal paste, but this is the first time I've worked with high-performance air cooling parts. I want to finish the integration of the HSF in a precise manner, so help me out here!
8 answers Last reply
More about help cooling setup phanteks tc14pe
  1. The ram may not fit if your running 4 modules.There is very little clearance with this cooler.I have one on my Sabertooth 990fx.
  2. Pea sized drop in middle,with the thermal.
  3. So the Patriot Sector 7 RAM will, or won't fit? I'm running 3 modules (triple-channel LGA 1366). Thanks for the help!
  4. Ah, so the RAM has got to be less than 40MM tall... Right? Just making sure I read the diagram correctly lol.
  5. Yes that is right.I went with the low profile gskill Ares myself.
  6. Hmmmm... Alrighty then. I'll figure out how tall the Sector 7 RAM is and post it so others in the future can get help. Thanks a lot!
  7. This thread is from early 2013.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling Thermal Compound Overclocking