Solved

Samsung 830 256gb or Sandisk Extreme 240?

hi,

i saw the main differences between the 830 and sandisk. I was curious as I saw some sales for 830($279) and just missed out on a Sandisk Extreme 240gb sale for $210.

I am interested in drive for image processing and also some video using Final Cut Pro X. Which would you recommend. I hear the sandisk is faster but over time the Samsung is better. Read the anandtech review on Samsung but just want to hear from other users.

I hear samsung performs garbage collection when computer idle but this can cause slowdowns. I think the sandisk is super fast. i am using mbpro 2010 13". Thanks.
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about samsung 256gb sandisk extreme
  1. Best answer
    Not seen many neg comments on the Sandisk lin so far. Check newegg and only had significant numbers for the 120 gig drive - stats loog very good.

As to real life performance, I don't think there is enough difference to use as a make/break choice. I normally use "least user problems" to group some SSDs and then let price determine the winner.

My list normally looks like this: Samsung 830, Curcial M4, and Intel 510/520.
    I hear that the 256 Gig m4 was on sale for $220 @ ???
    OK found it: http://www.overclock.net/t/1249604/buy-com-256gb-crucial-m4-ssd-for-219-99-fs-from-slickdeals

I have both the m4 (2 x 128 gig) and one 128 gig Samsung 830
  2. Best answer selected by pcknt.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Sandisk Samsung Storage