2x Seagate Barracuda 250Gb Raid0
3x 80mm fans
2x 120mm fans
DVD writer
Card Reader
a couple cold cathodes
and all 8 USB slots full

PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 550W

Right now I seem to be getting enough power, can OC my vid card ok, but my CPU just will not OC stable no matter what. I dont know if its power related. This PSU is supposed to be temporary because I was planning on upgrading to a AMD 1055t, 2nd GTX 260 for SLI and another 4GB of ram and of course a better power supply.

Well so it happens I'm about to order my new AMD 1055t cpu but the extra ram and vid card will have to wait untill new years or so.

SO would you guys think I am going to be out of power with this new cpu and try to overclock it? If so how much power would you say would I need to run evrything?

Thanks~

A 550 watts PSU actually should be enough for your current rig and also for the intended CPU upgrade.. However i wont trust your current OCZ with that.. And since that means getting a new power supply, you are better off getting a good 750 watt which covers even your planned upgrades.. Few options could be -

1. Corsair TX 750 (HX 750 in case you need a modular PSU although at a higher price)

2. Seasonic X-750

3. Antec True Power 750

4. XFX 750

P.S. - The above recommendations are not in any ranking order as all are of excellent quality.. Planning for a second GTX 260 perhaps makes no sense especially considering your time of purchase.. There are current stronger single GPU solutions available namely GTX 470/480 or the radeon HD 5870/5890.. I assume you are a gamer and so would recommend you to hold on to your cash as you wont notice much difference with a 1055T.. May be with all the money together and with new launched products, you can perform a complete platform sweep giving you a substancial improvement..

Henry Chinaski

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
The OCZ Fatal1ty 550W is a quality PSU that has been made by Sirtec. This PSU has more than enough power to handle your system. You can OC your new 1055T without any problem.
However, you should change it when you buy the second GTX260. I highly recommend you to buy a quality PSU. Emperus has give you some good options.

Nemesiss

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Well actually I am both a gamer and I work with 3D a lot so my rig is kind of a poor mans both - workstation and gaming comp in one. I don't really want to upgrade to a single powerful card since it's just a pain in the ass trying to sell my used components unless I sell the whole computer and my computer has upgradabilty in every way so I can get a good amount of performance out of it for relatively cheep.

Right now there are only a few games that I had trouble running at max evrything (1920x1200 res, 2 monitors) and there is really one game I'm aming at specificly (FFXIV :sarcastic: ) and I figure my GTX 260 will be just a little bit not enough in highly populated areas.

Thx for the psu advice I will check those ones out, although if mine is enough for now I might just take my time and linger until I see a rare deal on a quality PSU. I actually had an OCZ 700W PSU before this one for 4 years+ that lasted me through 2 builds before it started dying slowly thats why I went with another OCZ for now.