Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New to pc build

Last response: in Overclocking
February 10, 2013 1:48:44 AM

Actually I built my PCs until 12 years ago then it became cheaper to buy ready made. I just bought a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H and an Intel i7 3770K CPU. I have read the manual and seems to be help in OC the CPU but does anyone have a starting point that would get me going. I have read where 4.2 ghz is not unreasonable. I have 4 sticks of 4 gig Crucial BALLISTIX MEMORY, CL9. I am not a gamer, use my PC for home studio recording. With all the sounds emulated lots of cycles are needed as the sound rack gets more virtual equipment added. I really don't know where to start. If this is the wrong place to ask please forgive. I know very little about forums, so I am learning both subjects. Thanks, MC

More about : build

February 10, 2013 1:50:10 PM

C12Friedman said:
This sticky should help you along http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/279408-29-bridge-over... Seems to me that you will benifit a bit from overclocking, it's a lot of reading but good stuff
Happy reading

Thank you so much. This is great reading/learning for me. Now I have a base understanding of what I'm doing when I change a setting. I appreciate your reply....
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 88 K Overclocking
February 10, 2013 3:46:36 PM

No problem, if you come across anything you don't understand just ask
a b K Overclocking
February 11, 2013 1:01:07 PM

Don't forget to select a best answer.
m
l