Sign in with
Your question

Mobo that will fit three double-wide vid boards?

Last response: in Motherboards
December 1, 2010 12:13:38 PM

I just bought a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R mobo because it has four PCIe x16 slots and is advertized to do 3-way SLI. I also bought three Gigabyte GTX 460 video cards.

Even though the mobo is advertized as 3-way SLI and even though both the mobo and video cards are made by the same manufacturer ... there is no way that three double-wide card will fit on this mobo. Worse, I have to use the 4th slot for a PCIe x8 RAID card. Even if the three video cards would fit, one PCIex16 slot is totally covered by one of the video cards.

Does anyone know of an ATX X58 mobo that will fit three double-wide video cards and one single-wide card in the PCIe slots?

Or ... does anyone know of a single-wide video card that has about the same specs as the Gigabyte GTX 460 video card?
a b V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
December 1, 2010 1:45:53 PM

The GTX 460 cards can't be run in three-way SLY, only two way. Send back the cards and get two GTX 470 or HD 6870. Or wait a little for the HD 6950 and HD 6970, to be released soon.
m
l
December 1, 2010 2:09:55 PM

Actually, I am not going to run SLI ... I want three boards to run 5-6 monitors separately. I still need the space for 3 double wide and 1 single PCIe cards.
m
l
!