angelbarron211

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
Hi, so ive got a powercolor radeaon HD 5870 graphics card. I love it but it just recently started doing this number sequencing at boot. right after the first black screen the computer begins to run this combination of numbers and letter along the top of the screen and the blue bar code like lines with ii along the bottom. Please help me!!!what does it mean? Ive updated the bios to the latest version and still have this issue.

angelbarron211

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009

it doesn't give me any error code it just does that nymber sequence and i just got the graphics card not even two weeks and it already ois doing this number bar code sequence.
its something like this....................

122bbb3bb3bbb3bbbbbb3bb3bb3bb3bbb3b3b3bb3b3bb4bb2bbbbbbb3b3b3bbbb........
and the blue bar code just has "ii" in it.

DeathAbyss

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
First off, have you made any changes to your 5870 before it started acting weird? Second, has the gpu been overclocked by you or anyone else? Third, did you change any settings in your bios prior to the malfunction? Forth, did you physically move the gpu between the different slots available?

angelbarron211

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009

i have not made any physical changes to the gpu yet alone overclocked it. one day i just connected an external display and when i turned on the computer i noticed the issues at hand. i updated the bios and have the latest catalyst controller but have not done anything else. the display i connected is a 50inch samsung plasma, i dont know if that makes a difference.