Sign in with
Your question

Help me pick

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
March 28, 2010 11:10:24 AM

Hi,

Last week my pc broke down. Since then I've been trying to pick parts for my new pc.
After various recommendations of the experts on this forum I've come to the following setup:

CPU: Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition OR Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (The difference in price is only $20 where I'm at, but is it worth it)

GPU: Sapphire HD 4890 1 GB (Salvaged from my old PC, will probably crossfire it next year)

MB:

RAM: -x2 2GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 (CAS 8-8-8-24)

PSU: Corsair TX 750W

Case:

HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ, 1TB

Last time I spent alot of money on features I never used. (locks on my case, Wireless connection on my MB) I'd like to avoid that this time, with your help.

But, I do plan on getting the new x6 series once the prices have dropped. Next to that, I'll probably OC it too. So I dont want my MB to bottleneck it.

Question: Can you recommend my a MB and or a Case?
(I probably typed some weird stuff, try to ignore it :)  )
Add a reply Revove from the list of quoted messages Add to the list of quoted messages Quick edit Edit this message

More about : pick

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
March 28, 2010 11:32:24 AM

I'm sorry, here you go:
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: within 3 weeks BUDGET RANGE: about $200 for the MB and $100 for the case
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: gaming and surfing the internet

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, GPU

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: The Netherlands,

OVERCLOCKING: Yes, ill overclock the cpu definately. CROSSFIRE: Yes, ill add a second HD 4890 1 GB later.

MONITOR RESOLUTION:1680x1050

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I dont care about the noise since I game with a headset. Given the fact that I'll buy the x6 series and that im going to crossfire, I'd like a MB that wont bottleneck.

Thnx, bas
Related resources
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
March 28, 2010 11:33:47 AM

Oh, I'd like the case to look bling bling, blue is my favourite colour. Lots of space/fans too :) 
!