Auto switch between hardware profiles

Hello
I am wondering if I can set me computer running Windows XP tabled edition to
detect when it is connected to a network and automatically switch to a
difference hardware profile. And then switch back once it has been
disconnected.

Thanks
Benjamin

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

The choice for a hardware profile is made at such a point in the startup
process that there is nothing operational yet that could make that
distinction automatically for you. As it happens, a hardware profile is
exactly the mechanism by which you 'tell' the system what the hardware
environment happens to be like for this startup.
So basically you're dealing with a chicken and egg problem here.

george

"Benjamin708" <Benjamin708@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> I am wondering if I can set me computer running Windows XP tabled edition
> detect when it is connected to a network and automatically switch to a
> difference hardware profile. And then switch back once it has been
> disconnected.
>
> Thanks
> Benjamin

Thank you for that information.