Auto switch between hardware profiles

Hello
I am wondering if I can set me computer running Windows XP tabled edition to
detect when it is connected to a network and automatically switch to a
difference hardware profile. And then switch back once it has been
disconnected.

Thanks
Benjamin
2 answers Last reply
More about auto switch hardware profiles

    The choice for a hardware profile is made at such a point in the startup
    process that there is nothing operational yet that could make that
    distinction automatically for you. As it happens, a hardware profile is
    exactly the mechanism by which you 'tell' the system what the hardware
    environment happens to be like for this startup.
    So basically you're dealing with a chicken and egg problem here.

    george

    "Benjamin708" <Benjamin708@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > I am wondering if I can set me computer running Windows XP tabled edition
    > detect when it is connected to a network and automatically switch to a
    > difference hardware profile. And then switch back once it has been
    > disconnected.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Benjamin

    Thank you for that information.

    Benjamin

    "george" wrote:

    > The choice for a hardware profile is made at such a point in the startup
    > process that there is nothing operational yet that could make that
    > distinction automatically for you. As it happens, a hardware profile is
    > exactly the mechanism by which you 'tell' the system what the hardware
    > environment happens to be like for this startup.
    > So basically you're dealing with a chicken and egg problem here.
    >
    > george
    >

    > "Benjamin708" <Benjamin708@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello
    > > I am wondering if I can set me computer running Windows XP tabled edition
    > > detect when it is connected to a network and automatically switch to a
    > > difference hardware profile. And then switch back once it has been
    > > disconnected.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Benjamin

Configuration Hardware Switch Windows XP