Ati 5450 Eyefinity Problem (it's a doosie)

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
Hey guys, long time reader here but newer poster. I currently run a Powercolor 5450 for a few weeks while I'm waiting for Fermi to launch (and hopefully give some good 5970 stock + lower prices, *crosses fingers*). Anyways, my card is a Powercolor AX5450 512MD2-SD and I'm trying to run Eyefinity to have a little taste while waiting for the other card. My problem though is that I can't run Eyefinity. I go to CCC and it only let's me do a 2x1 configuration. I have my active Accell DP to DL-DVI adapter on my Benq 24", a DVI to VGA on a 23" LG, and a VGA cord to the other 23" LG. I can see and use all 3 displays, but not more than 2 at a time. I don't believe my adapter is bad, but is there a possible firmware I'm missing, or is it that the card doesn't support my configuration?

Thanks for any help in advance guys

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
I guess I should have included what I've tried already to make it easier to troubleshoot.
So far I've tried.....
-Switching out all cables to each monitor with no avail
-Re-installing CCC
-Reformated windows (got a new SSD)
-Tried reinstalling older CCC 10.1
-Tried connecting monitor when windows booted up
-Also have used my Active DP > DVI, switched with a Passive DP > VGA adapter

Pretty much every possible avenue I've tried. I'm fresh out of ideas, and I've tried searching the net for hours. I've ordered a 5770 as replacement, but still it peevs me off that the 5450 doesn't do eyefinity. I've read that some other guy that owns a 5450 from MSI (which supposedly supported Eyefinity) called them up and they admitted that only two displays could be active at one time. That's the only last guess I can come up with.

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008

Yeah I've tried running that possibility too unfortunately =(. I have the "Eyefinity" Edition, saying it both on the box and the place I bought it from. It's the AX5450 512MD2-SD, here's a link from the place I've bought it from.

https://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=PC-545DS51&title=PowerColor-ATI-Radeon-HD5450-512MB-VGA-DVI-DisplayPort-PCI-Express-Video-Card-Retail

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008

Yeah, at first I had the DP > VGA adapter, now I have the active Accell DP > DVI one, used both with the same exact result =(. Yeah I've tried switching resolutions as well. My native resolutions are 24" 1920x1200, and two screens are 23" 1920x1080.

OK, for most people doing DVI+DVI+DP.VGA they had to put VGA on the largest resolution and then force it to the lower resolution. The problem is I don't know which of yours it will want to be the bigger resolution. Sorta the inverse of the other configuration, but DVI via DP is likely going to detect the resolution, so put one of the VGA on the bigger resolution IMO.

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
Wish it was that too, tried that possibility as well =(. So far I've tried the VGA in the 24", putting it to the lowest resolution, unfortunately that didn't work as well. Any other suggestions you might have? I guess it'll all be moot by tomorrow since I get my 5770 in the mail, then I'll be using that until I buy the 5970 beginning of April or so (whenever prices go down ;).