Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What is best windows 7-vista?

Last response: in Components
Share
June 7, 2010 3:24:17 PM

hello i was going to get a windows 7 update because i have made a new pc wich has xp on it. can i upgrade form xp to Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Upgrade Edition? £42.95 software4students


or is it best to get Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64 OEM £54.67

i will be useing it for gaming. also am i right that oem is one use?




thanks

More about : windows vista

a b $ Windows 7
June 7, 2010 3:45:52 PM

I see absolutely no reason to pick Vista over Windows 7. I would get 64-bit Windows 7.

Yes, OEM OS's are technically tied to the system they're installed on and can't be transferred to a different machine.
June 7, 2010 5:09:19 PM

Windows 7 is vista made proper and directx 11 included in the process.. No point in getting vista as mentioned above also..
Related resources
June 7, 2010 5:15:27 PM

Vista is just the most recent version of ME.
June 7, 2010 5:16:54 PM

I would prefer XP to vista so go for 7
June 7, 2010 6:01:01 PM

shortstuff_mt said:
I see absolutely no reason to pick Vista over Windows 7. I would get 64-bit Windows 7.

Yes, OEM OS's are technically tied to the system they're installed on and can't be transferred to a different machine.

can i upgrade form xp to 7 upgrade disc?
a b $ Windows 7
June 7, 2010 6:44:05 PM

You have to do a fresh install going from XP to Windows 7. You also have to do a fresh install going from any 32-bit OS to a 64-bit OS.

You can use the upgrade disk to do the fresh install, though.
a b $ Windows 7
June 7, 2010 7:10:46 PM

I think of Windows 7 as Vista w/ Service Pack 3 .... after all the bugs and performance tweaking were done ...... in other words ...... what Vista should have been.
a b $ Windows 7
June 8, 2010 7:26:34 AM

JackNaylorPE said:
I think of Windows 7 as Vista w/ Service Pack 3 .... after all the bugs and performance tweaking were done ...... in other words ...... what Vista should have been.


This really is true. Vista is not as bad as its reputation. In part because it has improved much in the last 3 years. If you take out the new interface, 7 would easily have passed as Vista SP 3.
June 23, 2010 6:03:42 AM

FALC0N said:
This really is true. Vista is not as bad as its reputation. In part because it has improved much in the last 3 years. If you take out the new interface, 7 would easily have passed as Vista SP 3.


Good to hear. I haven't used vista since it first came out, and that's only because it came with my laptop. I couldn't switch to XP fast enough. and hten just jumped form XP to 7 and never looked at Vista seriously again. It always made me cringe. But if it has a lot of problems fixed, maybe I'll consider the free versions I get through my school.
a b $ Windows 7
June 23, 2010 9:19:45 PM

JulianSidewind said:
Good to hear. I haven't used vista since it first came out, and that's only because it came with my laptop. I couldn't switch to XP fast enough. and hten just jumped form XP to 7 and never looked at Vista seriously again. It always made me cringe. But if it has a lot of problems fixed, maybe I'll consider the free versions I get through my school.


I still prefer XP, but yes it use a usable OS now.
a b $ Windows 7
June 25, 2010 9:24:13 PM

No no no Veesta! Windows 7 64-bit ees good!
!