Computer has random pauses

jadeskyee

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2012
Lately my computer seems to pause , usually if I'm typing something in google. I can start to type then it will pause then let me continue or if I click the mouse then I can continue typing. Its mostly a 3-4 second pause. It is really annoying, I don't know what to do to fix it. I tried to do a system restore but it still continues. It has happened about 3 times as I type now. I bought this computer new in July. This just started maybe about weeks ago. I tried using a different keyboard and mouse but the problem continues. I'm trying to avoid reinstalling windows but I will if I have to. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Solution
You may want to start with running a utility program, cleaning cache and clearing temp memory files and when my PC was acting like what you describe the most dramatic fix came when I ran the registry cleaner.

jam0070d

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
You may want to start with running a utility program, cleaning cache and clearing temp memory files and when my PC was acting like what you describe the most dramatic fix came when I ran the registry cleaner.

Solution