Sign in with
Your question

Usb 1.1 for acer aspire 5100

Last response: in Windows XP
December 8, 2012 2:11:17 PM

I have an acer aspire 5100 laptop with three usb ports on it. It doesn't matter which one I use I end up with the same problem. The computer recognizes that a device is plugged in then says can not open or install unknown device. when checking the usb's in the device mgr i noticed that some of the I/O's say they are suspended what does this mean and is thers a work around.

Thank,

More about : usb acer aspire 5100

a b \ Driver
December 16, 2012 1:57:20 PM

gleon_j said:
I have an acer aspire 5100 laptop with three usb ports on it. It doesn't matter which one I use I end up with the same problem. The computer recognizes that a device is plugged in then says can not open or install unknown device. when checking the usb's in the device mgr i noticed that some of the I/O's say they are suspended what does this mean and is thers a work around.

Thank,

The device may be faulty. Try it on a different machine. Same results, it is faulty.
m
l
April 8, 2013 8:13:18 PM

gleon_j said:

Thank,

I have exactly the same problem on an Aspire 5100. All 3 ports seem faulty and Windows just detects an unknown device. It also eventually stopped my Win XP from booting and since I couldn't even reinstall Win XP, I concluded that it must be a fault on the chipset. I was able to install Win 7 so I now use the laptop with a pcmcia adapter which gives me 2 USB ports.
Apart from replacing the motherboard, I have no other solution.
Anyone else have any ideas?
Cheers...

m
l
a b \ Driver
April 10, 2013 11:27:58 PM

Try updating the motherboard chipset drivers but only from the Acer support site.
m
l
!