Need Help! Computer starts up for 1/2 second and then turns off

itsbotastic

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
So I recently purchased all the parts to build up my new computer. Spent an evening building it up to only run into this problem. Can someone please help me out?

After hooking everything up I turned on the computer. All the fans ran and lights blinked for about 1/2 - 1 second and then it turned off. I tried turning it back on and no response. I unplugged the power from my power strip replugged it in and turned it back on and it ran for about 1/2 - 1 second again and turned off. This happened one more time. Now nothing will turn on even if i unplug and replug it into the strip. Its kinda just lying there dead now =(.

I've tried some troubleshooting like unhooking everything and just trying to run it with bare essentials (PSU, Motherboard, Ram, GFX). I've reset the CMOS.

Here is my build:

Gigabyte GA-MA78LM-S2H Socket AM2+ 760G mATX
Phenom™ II X4 965 Black Edition
4GB DDR2 PC6400 DUAL VIPER SERIES / PATRIOT PVS24G6400LLK
OCZ StealthXstream II OCZ600SXS2 600W ATX12V v2.2/ EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Power Supply
EVGA GTS 250 512MB PCI-Express Video Card
Seagate Barracuda 7200 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s 32MB Cache 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive ST31000528AS-Bare Drive

Any ideas?

bilbat

Splendid
You are pretty much at the point where you desperately need a case speaker! Read the 'sticky', and skip down to the Speaker - Beep Codes item... I don't know how fast snailmail is during the freaking holidays, but if you can't find one locally and quickly, email me, and I'd be glad to toss one in a padded envelope and mail it to you!

Bill

itsbotastic

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Hey Bill

Thanks for the response. I actually figured out the issue. The front panel on the case I bought was a little warped. But enough damage was done that the power button on the front panel wasn't hitting the power button. I figured this out by hooking up the power button pin to the wire thats associated with the reset button on my front panel. I was able to turn the computer on using my reset button.