FM: Search for Crom's Blade help

I thought I had this mission finished. I got the blade, I got enough loot.
The only other objective says, "you came by train, leave by train". I got
inside the train cart and closed the door, but the mission doesn't end.
What's the trick?

- Adam
5 answers Last reply
More about search crom blade help
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 17:32:25 -0600, "AgentAlbert"
    <agentalbert2001@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I thought I had this mission finished. I got the blade, I got enough loot.
    >The only other objective says, "you came by train, leave by train". I got
    >inside the train cart and closed the door, but the mission doesn't end.
    >What's the trick?

    IIRC, the train you leave by isn't the same one you came by.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    "Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 17:32:25 -0600, "AgentAlbert"
    > <agentalbert2001@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I thought I had this mission finished. I got the blade, I got enough
    >>loot.
    >>The only other objective says, "you came by train, leave by train". I got
    >>inside the train cart and closed the door, but the mission doesn't end.
    >>What's the trick?
    >
    > IIRC, the train you leave by isn't the same one you came by.

    Well, the one I'm talking about isn't in the same area you start. It's the
    one outside the path from the main double doors that open into the castle.
    There is a guard sitting by a fire, and a disabled mech-robot.

    If thats not where I'm supposed to go, I guess I need a hint on where to
    depart.

    - Adam
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 18:40:59 -0600, "AgentAlbert"
    <agentalbert2001@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 17:32:25 -0600, "AgentAlbert"
    >> <agentalbert2001@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I thought I had this mission finished. I got the blade, I got enough
    >>>loot.
    >>>The only other objective says, "you came by train, leave by train". I got
    >>>inside the train cart and closed the door, but the mission doesn't end.
    >>>What's the trick?
    >>
    >> IIRC, the train you leave by isn't the same one you came by.
    >
    >Well, the one I'm talking about isn't in the same area you start. It's the
    >one outside the path from the main double doors that open into the castle.
    >There is a guard sitting by a fire, and a disabled mech-robot.
    >
    >If thats not where I'm supposed to go, I guess I need a hint on where to
    >depart.

    That sounds like the right one. Sometimes missions are buggy in their
    ending. You can always press control-shift-alt-end to finish the mission.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "AgentAlbert" <agentalbert2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 17:32:25 -0600, "AgentAlbert"
    > > <agentalbert2001@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >>I thought I had this mission finished. I got the blade, I got enough
    > >>loot.
    > >>The only other objective says, "you came by train, leave by train". I
    got
    > >>inside the train cart and closed the door, but the mission doesn't end.
    > >>What's the trick?
    > >
    > > IIRC, the train you leave by isn't the same one you came by.
    >
    > Well, the one I'm talking about isn't in the same area you start. It's
    the
    > one outside the path from the main double doors that open into the castle.
    > There is a guard sitting by a fire, and a disabled mech-robot.
    >
    > If thats not where I'm supposed to go, I guess I need a hint on where to
    > depart.
    >
    > - Adam

    The train car you need to get into is one that is off of some green, mossy
    caves. It's nowhere near the front doors of the mansion. There's a large,
    roundish cave with piles of bones scattered around it. Look for a trail that
    leads up along the edge of this cave. At the end, there's a ledge that juts
    out just a bit. If you get out onto it and look around, you'll see another
    little ledge that has a rope hanging down above it. Get up there and go
    exploring. You need to find a fairly large clearing and there are 2 train
    cars. It is quite well guarded. You need to get into the car that has a note
    in it for Garrett.

    Nightwalker
    --
    Remove *leavemealone* from email address
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Nightwalker" <nightwalkerfmleavemealone@shaw.ca> wrote in message

    > "AgentAlbert" <agentalbert2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > got
    >> >
    >> > IIRC, the train you leave by isn't the same one you came by.
    >>
    >> Well, the one I'm talking about isn't in the same area you start. It's
    > the
    >> one outside the path from the main double doors that open into the
    >> castle.
    >> There is a guard sitting by a fire, and a disabled mech-robot.
    >>
    >> If thats not where I'm supposed to go, I guess I need a hint on where to
    >> depart.
    >>
    >> - Adam
    >>

    > The train car you need to get into is one that is off of some green, mossy
    > caves. It's nowhere near the front doors of the mansion. There's a large,
    > roundish cave with piles of bones scattered around it. Look for a trail
    > that
    > leads up along the edge of this cave. At the end, there's a ledge that
    > juts
    > out just a bit. If you get out onto it and look around, you'll see another
    > little ledge that has a rope hanging down above it. Get up there and go
    > exploring. You need to find a fairly large clearing and there are 2 train
    > cars. It is quite well guarded. You need to get into the car that has a
    > note
    > in it for Garrett.

    Found it! Thanks, nw.

    - Adam