What PCI-E version?

I have a Biostar McP6P mobo which has a PCI-E x16 slot. Does anyone know if the slot is PCI-E x16 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 2.1, 3.0?
15 answers Last reply
More about what version
  1. It is PCIe x16 1.0
  2. Can I still run a PCI-E 2.1 x16 GPU in it? If it cant, man I will be so bummed.
  3. Yes... GPU's are backwards compatable with PCIe slots so a 2.1 will work on a 1.0.
  4. Will it make any performance difference? What are the differences? Will it effect OCing?
  5. You will maybe see one or two frame per second drop but nothing major. It won't effect the OCing of the GPU.
  6. So I am safe with installing a HD6850, right?
  7. Yes... You are safe with installing the 6850.
  8. Thanks for the help.
  9. Not a problem... Glad I could help.
  10. I have one more question. I know I said I wanted a hd6850, but I did some research and it said PCI-E 1.0 was good for older cards. I know the hd6850 will fit, but because it is a pretty fast card, will it be hindered?
  11. No... You may see a few FPS drops but nothing of a hinderage to the card. It will not saturate the bandwidth to the point of causing major performance issues.

Yes, ideally you would want to have it running on a PCIe 2.0 x16 but in the end the difference isn't really enough to purchase a new board... IMO
  12. When you say small you mean like five or less fps? because there is a small hindrance already, I cannot OC it any higher, right?
  13. 1) Yes... you might be looking at 5 FPS or less.

2) It will not effect your overclocking of the GPU. You will be fine OCing it, if you feel it necessary.
  14. So bye OCing it I can make up for the 1-5 FPS loss, right? I am sorry for all the questions, just I do not know much about this.
  15. Compared to stock speed on a PCIe x16 1.0, yes that will help decrease the "lost" FPS.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Biostar PCI Express