Which XSPC

roush2fast

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
hello all

I am going to add a water cooling kit this week. Which XSPC kit (under $200.00) will best handle my 3570k with a moderate OC and my 580? I'm looking at the RX360 in a push pull config.

Thanks

roush2fast

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
sweet thanks again

I will place my order for the RX360 in the morning.

I do have another question. If I need to make a new post just let me know.

I am searching for a block for my 580. It seems certain blocks will not fit the card do to the lack of a heat spreader. It interferes with the blocks ability make contact with the chip.This seems exclusive to EVGA cards from what I can tell. There is a lot of uncertainty amongst the EVGA forums as to what exactly the heat spreader is so I am not 100% sure what I am looking for. Can you take a look and tell me what exactly the spreader is and if my card has one? I am really digging this block I just need to know if it will work. I can call EVGA tomorrow but thought I would ask you guys first.

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=400-CU-G580-B1

35d5nqb.jpg

roush2fast

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2007
I am going with the D5 variant kit. No point in not vesting a little more money for the better pump and fittings.

Rubix I have browsed the sticky and it is a very informative resource for sure but I have not been active on the forums for a while and it's nice to communicate with the community. As I am new to watercooling I just wanted some reassurance that I was making a good decision with the XSPC kit I selected.

I have not seen a response in regards to my heat spreader inquiry. Does anyone have any insight into that?

Thanks again

kid_darknesssss

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

Considering EVGA makes both the card & the block, it would shock me if that block was in any way incompatible. So go for it.

kid_darknesssss

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

ok I didnt realize that. But still, it EVGA has it right on their own website, I would kinda view that as an endorsement of compatibility. Also, from a reputable company like swiftech I'm sure they've done their homework and know that it does all it needs to do.