Which XSPC

hello all

I am going to add a water cooling kit this week. Which XSPC kit (under $200.00) will best handle my 3570k with a moderate OC and my 580? I'm looking at the RX360 in a push pull config.

Thanks
19 answers Last reply
More about which xspc
  1. that would be a good kit to start with, you can always add more to it later to get it to do what you want.
  2. My thoughts exactly. The 360 rad should not have any issues cooling both correct?
  3. with high speed fans it should be ok but if your not happy with the results your getting you can always add another rad to the loop later.
  4. i have 3 360 rads for my current loop so it is a matter of what you are happy with
  5. Awesome! Thanks for the quick replies. Will the stock fans suffice? I was thinking about picking up a few SP120's.
  6. that is what i use the quite edition 120 SP fans from corsair for the rads and the AF for case air flow thay are far from fast fans but they are good fans i have the blue rings in.
  7. 3570? or 3570K?
  8. 3570k
  9. is the D5 pump worth the extra $100 ?
  10. You'll be fine without the D5 pump, however if you add another radiator it is recommended.
  11. sweet thanks again

I will place my order for the RX360 in the morning.

I do have another question. If I need to make a new post just let me know.

I am searching for a block for my 580. It seems certain blocks will not fit the card do to the lack of a heat spreader. It interferes with the blocks ability make contact with the chip.This seems exclusive to EVGA cards from what I can tell. There is a lot of uncertainty amongst the EVGA forums as to what exactly the heat spreader is so I am not 100% sure what I am looking for. Can you take a look and tell me what exactly the spreader is and if my card has one? I am really digging this block I just need to know if it will work. I can call EVGA tomorrow but thought I would ask you guys first.

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=400-CU-G580-B1

12. Not sure if this is the cheapest place to order from, but this should do it for ya:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12325/ex-blc-855/Koolance_VID-NX580_NVIDIA_GTX_580_VGA_Liquid_Cooling_Block_No_Fittings.html
  13. roush2fast said:
    is the D5 pump worth the extra $100 ?

It is not just the pump. It's a better rad and you have compression fittings!! :non:
  14. If your gonna cool GPU's as well, I'd say get the D5 pump and a second RAD or set up a dual loop system.
  15. All of these steps for consideration are covered in the watercooling sticky.
  16. I am going with the D5 variant kit. No point in not vesting a little more money for the better pump and fittings.

Rubix I have browsed the sticky and it is a very informative resource for sure but I have not been active on the forums for a while and it's nice to communicate with the community. As I am new to watercooling I just wanted some reassurance that I was making a good decision with the XSPC kit I selected.

I have not seen a response in regards to my heat spreader inquiry. Does anyone have any insight into that?

Thanks again
  17. roush2fast said:

I have not seen a response in regards to my heat spreader inquiry. Does anyone have any insight into that?

Thanks again

Considering EVGA makes both the card & the block, it would shock me if that block was in any way incompatible. So go for it.
  18. kid_darknesssss said:
    Considering EVGA makes both the card & the block, it would shock me if that block was in any way incompatible. So go for it.

Swiftech makes the block! :P
  19. amuffin said:
    Swiftech makes the block! :P

ok I didnt realize that. But still, it EVGA has it right on their own website, I would kinda view that as an endorsement of compatibility. Also, from a reputable company like swiftech I'm sure they've done their homework and know that it does all it needs to do.
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Configuration Overclocking