My quad core is 118f

G

Not overclocked at all just installed and checked the temp through the BIOS so I'm not even going to try to play any thing on it yet. It's an AMD Phenom 9650 64 quad, socket AM2+, 2.3ghz I really don't have the money to buy a water cooling system, is there anything else to do?

Solution
Really? Wow that's weird because my computer shut down completely about an hour ago and when I turned it back on it said cpu reading too hot, running ubuntu btw
In the bios under HW Monitior where it says your temps and fan speed is there a setting for auto shut down temps? The setting might be set to low which would cause it to shut down.
G

Really? Wow that's weird because my computer shut down completely about an hour ago and when I turned it back on it said cpu reading too hot, running ubuntu btw

In the bios under HW Monitior where it says your temps and fan speed is there a setting for auto shut down temps? The setting might be set to low which would cause it to shut down.

Solution
G

Hmm I'll try that ASAP as soon as I can.