Sign in with
Your question

USB keyboard not working after OC

Last response: in Overclocking
February 11, 2013 12:02:23 AM

Hey everyone here. I have a very odd problem. My keyboard stopped working after I OC'ed my pc. It's a wireless keyboard and mouse made by Microsoft. The mouse works but not the keyboard. If I unplug the USB receiver and plug it back in it starts working until the next reboot. If I go back to stock setting and loose the OC it starts working again. Iam running my 3770k at 4.5 ghz at 1.255 volts. Could that be causing crashes with drivers etc not being stable. I have ran aida 64 stability testing and intel burn test no problems. Any help and advice be great full thank you. Below Is my system spec for more info

I7 3770k at 4.5 ghz
Asus P8z77-v
Corsair Vengance 16gb
Vertex 4 ssd
2x Msi gtx 680 twin frozr in Sli
Seasonic x1050 psu
H100i corsair cpu cooler
Haf 922 case

More about : usb keyboard working

a b K Overclocking
February 11, 2013 1:06:23 AM

Have you lowered the overclock (not just remove it)? If so when does it come back?

I think you will find you need to lower it a little and everything will work. If you go to a wired keyboard you may get more oc.
m
l
February 11, 2013 12:17:24 PM

Messed around more with the keyboard and it works in the bios but as soon as it hits windows it doesn't work. Will try downloading the newest drivers after work and see what happens. I plugged a wired cable keyboard and it works right of the bat.
m
l
Related resources
!