Last response: in CPUs
a c 103 à CPUs
June 7, 2010 11:26:54 PM

The link just goes to a search page

More about : good machine

June 7, 2010 11:29:43 PM

link to my pc.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc [...] R1002_USEN
how would my computer work out gaming wise. i know i could only have one video cards, but will it be fast enough if a\i get ati radeon 5770 and 650 watts supply. Willit lag, would it be able to do all the featurs that extreme gaming computers can do using one video card. would i be able to see things in hd and see people sweat. the link to my monitor is
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=e...
m
l
June 7, 2010 11:49:35 PM

try these links.
link to my pc.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...
how would my computer work out gaming wise. i know i could only have one video cards, but will it be fast enough if a\i get ati radeon 5770 and 650 watts supply. Willit lag, would it be able to do all the featurs that extreme gaming computers can do using one video card. would i be able to see things in hd and see people sweat.. link to my monitor is
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...〈=en&product=3999480
m
l
Related resources
a c 886 à CPUs
June 8, 2010 12:01:31 AM

It changes it into a decent gaming computer. There is no reason to open more than one thread about the same computer (topic).
m
l
June 8, 2010 12:06:01 AM

Extreme gaming, no. Depends on the type of games you play too. Take a look at the recommended system requirements of the games you think you would like to play. For the money you are better off building from scratch, but if you dont have the technical know-how (or a friend that does) you need to educate yourself. Start reading the articles here on Tom's hardware.
m
l
a c 159 à CPUs
June 8, 2010 12:07:10 AM

Go with a corsair ps. Be sure to measure the length of the motherboard from the case backplate to the other end of the for your video card to be sure it won't bump into the drive cage (my compaq had this, but the hp may not). The 4670 video chipset may even work with your hp power supply if it's at least 300 watts. But the 5770 will need at least 450 watts; more is better.
m
l
June 8, 2010 7:52:10 PM

What do you mean canadian69 by not extreme gaming? Im new to this. Waht is extreme gaming and if I am not mistaken you meant I can only use one video card so that is the only thing and my processor preventing me from doing extreme gaming.

canadian69 said:
Extreme gaming, no. Depends on the type of games you play too. Take a look at the recommended system requirements of the games you think you would like to play. For the money you are better off building from scratch, but if you dont have the technical know-how (or a friend that does) you need to educate yourself. Start reading the articles here on Tom's hardware.

m
l
June 8, 2010 8:04:51 PM

How do you define 'extreme gaming' ? You really need to start reading. No one here is going to brain dump all the information you need to you all at once. Tom's hardware has awesome reviews and articles just waiting for you to delve into. The questions you are asking are VERY general in nature and subjective to individuals. Of course I am not trying to be a wanker, I'm just trying to point you in the right direction so you dont end up dissapointed with your computer 6 months from now.
m
l
June 8, 2010 8:24:59 PM

so what you saying is i cant us more than one video card but my computer can do all the features 100% that other top notch computers can do using one video card? im sure my computer can handle Drive three displays simultaneously with independent resolutions, refresh rates, color controls, and video overlays , ATI Stream acceleration technology . Im sure it can do all the features these http://computers.toptenreviews.com/gaming/ can do if iget a memory card as strong as ATI Radeon HD 5770.

canadian69 said:
How do you define 'extreme gaming' ? You really need to start reading. No one here is going to brain dump all the information you need to you all at once. Tom's hardware has awesome reviews and articles just waiting for you to delve into. The questions you are asking are VERY general in nature and subjective to individuals. Of course I am not trying to be a wanker, I'm just trying to point you in the right direction so you dont end up dissapointed with your computer 6 months from now.

m
l
a c 133 à CPUs
June 8, 2010 9:23:24 PM

For your system with the res of your monitor which is 1920 x 1080 an HD 5770 will be able to play most games on high settings with good frame rates. Don't expect to be able to max out every game settings though. For the most part with the 5770 you should have a pretty decent gaming system.

Good Luck
m
l
June 8, 2010 9:29:07 PM

Are you writing this to make me feel better or are you saying it for real?

saaiello said:
For your system with the res of your monitor which is 1920 x 1080 an HD 5770 will be able to play most games on high settings with good frame rates. Don't expect to be able to max out every game settings though. For the most part with the 5770 you should have a pretty decent gaming system.

Good Luck

m
l
June 8, 2010 9:40:35 PM

Your computer isn't bad by any means.
Your not running a celeron with win 7 intergrated card, and a 5400 rpm HDD.
But you don't have a gaming rig that can handle "extreme games" at full setting.
Your GPU will handle all the new games with directx 11 support.
Just dont expect to OC to 4.0Ghz, or play high end games like crysis at full setting.
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 15, 2010 10:23:02 PM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • Is this a good machine?
    m
    l
    !