What's a good program for laptop overclock?

ericjohn004

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
I have an HP DV6 7014nr with a Nvidia GT650m as the graphics card. I used to run MSI Afterburner and it would allow me to overclock the core +130 and +1000 for the RAM. Now, after I updated it, it only allows me to overclock the RAM +600 with no core clock increases. And it won't allow me to go back to the old version. Even if I download the old version it still works like the new one.

So help me out here. What is a good program to use that allows you to overclock your laptop? I've tried Nvidia NTune and Nvidia Inspector, what else do they have that works????

Solution
you can downgrade the video drivers as they might hold the overclock limits...either way I would not recommend overclocking laptops as they are simply not designed for that with limited airlow inside having all the hardware sandwitched inside
you can downgrade the video drivers as they might hold the overclock limits...either way I would not recommend overclocking laptops as they are simply not designed for that with limited airlow inside having all the hardware sandwitched inside

Solution

ericjohn004

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Yeah ok. I know about the heat. I'm not asking about the heat. My laptop has been overclocked for 6 months now with no problems. A LOT of people overclock their laptops. Every laptop has room for SOME improvement.

Does anyone know of an overclocking program for laptops or mobile video cards besides MSI Afterburner.

ericjohn004

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012

Hey your answer actually worked. My GFX card drivers actually unlocked the overclocking on MSI afterburner. Thanks for you intel. BTW my card only gets around 80C completely MAXED out with MSI burn in test. So my temps are great.