-----

Cookie McCrumble

cookiemccrumble"at"hotmail"dot"com
www.whateverhappenedtomysocks.co.uk

I like pie

Winamp: Signal Terminated.
20 answers Last reply
More about quiet here
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Cookie McCrumble wrote:

    > watch your belts...

    LOL....I need to get back into playing the FM's. Haven't played any
    since T:DS came out.
    Albert
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> kirjoitti
    viestissä:UQImd.3757$854.3096@fe2.texas.rr.com...
    > Cookie McCrumble wrote:
    >
    >> watch your belts...
    >>
    > LOL....I need to get back into playing the FM's. Haven't played any since
    > T:DS came out.

    Haven't finished T:DS yet? I finished it a long time ago, and I've replayed
    it occasionally, but I never find myself sticking with it. It lures me
    back, but then I find that it disappoints me in the same areas as it
    originally did, and I quit playing. It's a shame, too, because it has so
    much many good things going for it. Perhaps with the possible release of
    the editor, someone will unleash its potential. Faceless, one of the Ion
    Storm devs has said that with the editor the fan community can get rid of
    the loading zones, for example. That alone would make a huge difference.

    I'm playing lots of FMs now. The most recent one that I played was a little
    gem with a funny name: 'Ack! There's a zombie in the basement!" by Polygon.
    It's a very small mission, but has nice attention to detail and good
    gameplay. Yandros, another FM builder, is working with Polygon on a larger
    2-mission set called 'Death's Cold Embrace', and according to him Ack!
    started out as a test-bed for some of the ideas they're going to use in
    their larger mission.

    Before that I played a great mansion FM called 'The Heist Society', which I
    highly recommend, and before that I played JohnD's sequel to Deep Trouble
    called....ta-da!...Deep Trouble 2!

    For those of you looking for something a bit different, Deep Trouble 2 might
    just be your ticket. If you liked either of the System Shock's, you're
    really going to love Deep Trouble 2. It has very high production values, an
    interesting story, lots to explore, loads of challenges, and it really isn't
    just the same ol' same ol'. It also features great voice acting by taffer
    friends, and one of those talents frequents this newsgroup, helping us out
    whenever we get stuck :) Check it out, it's an outstanding mission.

    One more FM recommendation. A sequel to Christine Schneider's 'Coterie of
    Smokers' and 'Abysses': 'Bloody Ruins', by Christine and Dinksmallwood. The
    whole series is great, but 'Bloody Ruins' is probably the best of the lot.
    Great stuff! What a mission.

    I've also started replaying Thief Gold again, and it's as good as it ever
    was!

    My Thief addiction is only getting stronger :D

    - Mika L
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Mika Latokartano" <mika.latokartano@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid> wrote
    in message news:cnfo0r$tg$1@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi...

    > "Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> kirjoitti
    > viestissä:UQImd.3757$854.3096@fe2.texas.rr.com...
    > > Cookie McCrumble wrote:
    > >
    > >> watch your belts...
    > >>
    > > LOL....I need to get back into playing the FM's. Haven't played any
    since
    > > T:DS came out.
    >
    > Haven't finished T:DS yet? I finished it a long time ago, and I've
    replayed
    > it occasionally, but I never find myself sticking with it. It lures me
    > back, but then I find that it disappoints me in the same areas as it
    > originally did, and I quit playing. It's a shame, too, because it has so
    > much many good things going for it. Perhaps with the possible release of
    > the editor, someone will unleash its potential. Faceless, one of the Ion
    > Storm devs has said that with the editor the fan community can get rid of
    > the loading zones, for example. That alone would make a huge difference.
    >
    > I'm playing lots of FMs now. The most recent one that I played was a
    little
    > gem with a funny name: 'Ack! There's a zombie in the basement!" by
    Polygon.
    > It's a very small mission, but has nice attention to detail and good
    > gameplay. Yandros, another FM builder, is working with Polygon on a
    larger
    > 2-mission set called 'Death's Cold Embrace', and according to him Ack!
    > started out as a test-bed for some of the ideas they're going to use in
    > their larger mission.
    >
    > Before that I played a great mansion FM called 'The Heist Society', which
    > highly recommend, and before that I played JohnD's sequel to Deep Trouble
    > called....ta-da!...Deep Trouble 2!
    >
    > For those of you looking for something a bit different, Deep Trouble 2
    might
    > just be your ticket. If you liked either of the System Shock's, you're
    > really going to love Deep Trouble 2. It has very high production values,
    an
    > interesting story, lots to explore, loads of challenges, and it really
    isn't
    > just the same ol' same ol'. It also features great voice acting by taffer
    > friends, and one of those talents frequents this newsgroup, helping us out
    > whenever we get stuck :) Check it out, it's an outstanding mission.
    >
    > One more FM recommendation. A sequel to Christine Schneider's 'Coterie of
    > Smokers' and 'Abysses': 'Bloody Ruins', by Christine and Dinksmallwood.
    The
    > whole series is great, but 'Bloody Ruins' is probably the best of the lot.
    > Great stuff! What a mission.
    >
    > I've also started replaying Thief Gold again, and it's as good as it ever
    > was!
    >
    > My Thief addiction is only getting stronger :D
    >
    > - Mika L

    Since I moved out of broadband (sad, sad day that was) I gave up
    downloading, including fan missions. I just can't cope with 56k speeds, no
    matter what the file size.

    Really should sort it out... but one day when i'm back on the fat pipe i'll
    have hundreds of FMs to go through :oD

    --
    -----

    Cookie McCrumble

    cookiemccrumble"at"hotmail"dot"com
    www.whateverhappenedtomysocks.co.uk

    I like pie

    Winamp is currently blaring: Robert Miles - Children (full)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Mika Latokartano" <mika.latokartano@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid> wrote
    in message news:cnfo0r$tg$1@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi...

    > Haven't finished T:DS yet? I finished it a long time ago, and I've
    replayed
    > it occasionally, but I never find myself sticking with it. It lures me
    > back, but then I find that it disappoints me in the same areas as it
    > originally did, and I quit playing. It's a shame, too, because it has so
    > much many good things going for it. Perhaps with the possible release of
    > the editor, someone will unleash its potential. Faceless, one of the Ion
    > Storm devs has said that with the editor the fan community can get rid of
    > the loading zones, for example. That alone would make a huge difference.
    >
    > I'm playing lots of FMs now. The most recent one that I played was a
    little
    > gem with a funny name: 'Ack! There's a zombie in the basement!" by
    Polygon.
    > It's a very small mission, but has nice attention to detail and good
    > gameplay. Yandros, another FM builder, is working with Polygon on a
    larger
    > 2-mission set called 'Death's Cold Embrace', and according to him Ack!
    > started out as a test-bed for some of the ideas they're going to use in
    > their larger mission.
    >
    > Before that I played a great mansion FM called 'The Heist Society', which
    > highly recommend, and before that I played JohnD's sequel to Deep Trouble
    > called....ta-da!...Deep Trouble 2!
    >
    > For those of you looking for something a bit different, Deep Trouble 2
    might
    > just be your ticket. If you liked either of the System Shock's, you're
    > really going to love Deep Trouble 2. It has very high production values,
    an
    > interesting story, lots to explore, loads of challenges, and it really
    isn't
    > just the same ol' same ol'. It also features great voice acting by taffer
    > friends, and one of those talents frequents this newsgroup, helping us out
    > whenever we get stuck :) Check it out, it's an outstanding mission.
    >
    > One more FM recommendation. A sequel to Christine Schneider's 'Coterie of
    > Smokers' and 'Abysses': 'Bloody Ruins', by Christine and Dinksmallwood.
    The
    > whole series is great, but 'Bloody Ruins' is probably the best of the lot.
    > Great stuff! What a mission.
    >
    > I've also started replaying Thief Gold again, and it's as good as it ever
    > was!
    >
    > My Thief addiction is only getting stronger :D
    >
    > - Mika L

    It was fun doing the voice of "Mother" in DT 2 and I could hardly refuse,
    since the idea for the computer was inspired by a picture that Saturnine
    posted at TTLG several years ago. (My face, superimposed on a SS2 computer.
    He was jokingly implying that I must be a supercomputer to be able to answer
    so many FM questions. LOL!) I was more than a little nervous, as I have done
    very little voice acting, but it doesn't seem to have turned out too
    badly:-) John D. did a terrific job on the mission pack (He had to split it
    into two as it got too big.) and it's well worth playing. There's a problem
    with crashes near the entrance to the Grand Temple that a few people have
    experienced. If any of you run into that, just walk through the area looking
    at the floor and you should be okay.

    Heist Society is a truly beautiful, well rounded mansion FM. I betatested
    the unfinished mission well over a year ago before AsyluM gave up on Dromed
    and I was glad to see that it was taken over by the team to be finished. I
    got to peek in on the process of finetuning the mission, writing the
    storyline, etc. and throw in a few suggestions here and there. It was very
    interesting how well they worked together and came up with such a great
    story. On Expert, particularly, this mission is right up there with the best
    available and shouldn't be missed.

    I just finished replaying Christine's "Bloody Ruins" last night and I secon
    Mika's opinion that it's the best of this particular series. The others were
    good but this one is excellent!

    I hope you'll all come back to FMs now that T3 has been out for awhile. They
    just keep getting better and better. :-)

    Nightwalker

    --
    Remove *leavemealone* from email address
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > Since I moved out of broadband (sad, sad day that was) I gave up
    > downloading, including fan missions. I just can't cope with 56k speeds, no
    > matter what the file size.
    >
    > Really should sort it out... but one day when i'm back on the fat pipe
    i'll
    > have hundreds of FMs to go through :oD
    >
    > --
    > -----
    >
    > Cookie McCrumble

    Don't give up on FMs because of a slow connection!! There's a CD mail-out
    circle that's been organized to help people just like you out. It's totally
    free. All you have to do is contact Brother Renault (or me, if he doesn't
    get back to you. I think he's sometimes not available) to hook you up with a
    volunteer. The website is here: http://home.wi.rr.com/mschwab/fmcds/

    Nightwalker
    --
    Remove *leavemealone* from email address
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Mika Latokartano wrote:

    > "Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> kirjoitti
    > viestissä:UQImd.3757$854.3096@fe2.texas.rr.com...
    >
    >> Cookie McCrumble wrote:
    >>
    >>> watch your belts...
    >>>
    >> LOL....I need to get back into playing the FM's. Haven't played any
    >> since T:DS came out.(snip)
    > My Thief addiction is only getting stronger :D
    >
    > - Mika L

    Yes, I finished it long time ago, just haven't gotten around to
    reload the program to run FM's. I use my new computer all the time and
    it only has WinXP on it.
    I know there were some tricks to get Dark Loader and FM's to work on XP.
    Albert
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Mika Latokartano wrote:
    >

    > > "Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> kirjoitti
    > > viestissä:UQImd.3757$854.3096@fe2.texas.rr.com...

    > >> LOL....I need to get back into playing the FM's. Haven't played any
    > >> since T:DS came out.(snip)
    > > My Thief addiction is only getting stronger :D
    > >
    > > - Mika L
    > >

    > Yes, I finished it long time ago, just haven't gotten around to
    > reload the program to run FM's. I use my new computer all the time and
    > it only has WinXP on it.
    > I know there were some tricks to get Dark Loader and FM's to work on
    XP.
    > Albert

    I didn't need any special tricks to run Darkloader or FMs with XP on either
    my computer or my husband's. The only thing to watch is video drivers, as
    some of the newer ones can cause problems. Also, installing TDP or TG may
    require a little extra effort. T2 installs fine, at least for me. You can
    find the information about video drivers, how to install TG or TDP with XP,
    etc. in the TTLG Thief General Discussion Forum FAQ thread here:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75031

    Nightwalker

    --
    Remove *leavemealone* from email address
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Nightwalker" <nightwalkerfmleavemealone@shaw.ca> kirjoitti
    viestissä:cnKmd.247894$nl.79475@pd7tw3no...

    > Don't give up on FMs because of a slow connection!! There's a CD mail-out
    > circle that's been organized to help people just like you out. It's
    > totally
    > free. All you have to do is contact Brother Renault (or me, if he doesn't
    > get back to you. I think he's sometimes not available) to hook you up with
    > volunteer. The website is here: http://home.wi.rr.com/mschwab/fmcds/

    I've somehow completely missed the CD mail-out circle :o ! I'll have to
    sign up. I'd be happy to burn FMs for those who are not behind a broadband!

    - Mika L
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> kirjoitti
    viestissä:7pLmd.3767$854.2518@fe2.texas.rr.com...

    > I know there were some tricks to get Dark Loader and FM's to work on
    > XP.

    Not really. I'm running WinXP Home, and thinking back I guess I only had to
    use the 'setup -lgntforce' when installing the games, but apart from that
    everything works just as it should. The videos in the originals don't
    always play, but that can also be fixed. You should be all right running
    the FMs!

    - Mika L
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:40:13 +0200, "Mika Latokartano"
    <mika.latokartano@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid> wrote:

    >"Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> kirjoitti
    >viestissä:7pLmd.3767$854.2518@fe2.texas.rr.com...
    >
    >> I know there were some tricks to get Dark Loader and FM's to work on
    >> XP.
    >
    >Not really. I'm running WinXP Home, and thinking back I guess I only had to
    >use the 'setup -lgntforce' when installing the games, but apart from that
    >everything works just as it should.

    On XPSP2, I didn't even have to use the lgntforce switch.

    Always cross a vampire, never moon a werewolf

    To reach me, swap spammers get bent with softhome
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:01:24 GMT, Albert Conklin <aconklin@satx.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >Cookie McCrumble wrote:
    >
    >> watch your belts...
    >>
    >LOL....I need to get back into playing the FM's. Haven't played any
    >since T:DS came out.
    >Albert

    I just played Profane Ascension. Lots of undead. Spawning undead when
    you think you're safe too. I hate the undead. Argh! ;)

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:56:03 GMT, "Nightwalker"
    <nightwalkerfmleavemealone@shaw.ca> wrote:

    >I just finished replaying Christine's "Bloody Ruins" last night and I secon
    >Mika's opinion that it's the best of this particular series. The others were
    >good but this one is excellent!

    Yes, I agree. That one was good. Not so many huge marble rooms as some
    of her previous work either.

    Did anyone else try to get more rubies from that fountain?

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    When I was on dialup, I used GetRight to do all my downloading for me when I
    was asleep. If you go to thiefmissions.com and begin downloading with
    GetRight, and then pause the download, you can keep adding more files to it.
    Then when you've got all the files you want listed in GetRight, just resume
    the download and let er rip. Set GetRight to download 1 file at a time and
    you won't have any problems.

    "Cookie McCrumble" <cookiemccrumble@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
    >> lot.
    >> Great stuff! What a mission.
    >>
    >> I've also started replaying Thief Gold again, and it's as good as it ever
    >> was!
    >>
    >> My Thief addiction is only getting stronger :D
    >>
    >> - Mika L
    >
    > Since I moved out of broadband (sad, sad day that was) I gave up
    > downloading, including fan missions. I just can't cope with 56k speeds, no
    > matter what the file size.
    >
    > Really should sort it out... but one day when i'm back on the fat pipe
    > i'll
    > have hundreds of FMs to go through :oD
    >
    > --
    > -----
    >
    > Cookie McCrumble
    >
    > cookiemccrumble"at"hotmail"dot"com
    > www.whateverhappenedtomysocks.co.uk
    >
    > I like pie
    >
    > Winamp is currently blaring: Robert Miles - Children (full)

  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:53:56 -0000, Intergalactic Superstar "Cookie
    McCrumble" <cookiemccrumble@hotmail.com> beamed us the following from
    a far-distant galaxy:

    ->watch your belts...

    Half-Life2 maybe?

    And I've seen ya in alt.games.morrowind.... ya can't hide y'know ;)

    Tartychops.
    *Tis a rum old world*
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    >> Don't give up on FMs because of a slow connection!! There's a CD mail-out
    >> circle that's been organized to help people just like you out. It's

    There is also the DVD that one of the sites sells (Keeper of Metal and
    Gold??) "to cover costs" :) that had all the released levels on it. I
    thought what the hay and bought. $15 or somesuch, I don't recall.

    rms
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Tartychops" <Tartychops@nodomain.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:53:56 -0000, Intergalactic Superstar "Cookie
    > McCrumble" <cookiemccrumble@hotmail.com> beamed us the following from
    > a far-distant galaxy:
    >
    > ->watch your belts...
    >
    > Half-Life2 maybe?

    Well aye, i've been there too... finished it already

    > And I've seen ya in alt.games.morrowind.... ya can't hide y'know ;)

    /lawsuit for breaching restraining order

    :)

    --
    -----

    Cookie McCrumble

    cookiemccrumble"at"hotmail"dot"com
    www.whateverhappenedtomysocks.co.uk

    I like pie

    Winamp: Signal Terminated.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Terry Olsen" <tolsen64@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > When I was on dialup, I used GetRight to do all my downloading for me when
    > was asleep. If you go to thiefmissions.com and begin downloading with
    > GetRight, and then pause the download, you can keep adding more files to
    it.
    > Then when you've got all the files you want listed in GetRight, just
    resume
    > the download and let er rip. Set GetRight to download 1 file at a time
    and
    > you won't have any problems.

    I used to use getright all the time, but the net connection i have at the
    moment is not mine, and i cannot tie up the line, even at night.

    Not overly fussed, when i get my own place again broadband is coming my way!

    --
    -----

    Cookie McCrumble

    cookiemccrumble"at"hotmail"dot"com
    www.whateverhappenedtomysocks.co.uk

    I like pie

    Winamp: Signal Terminated.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 23:20:37 +0000, Tartychops <Tartychops@nodomain.com>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:53:56 -0000, Intergalactic Superstar "Cookie
    >McCrumble" <cookiemccrumble@hotmail.com> beamed us the following from
    >a far-distant galaxy:
    >
    >->watch your belts...
    >
    >Half-Life2 maybe?

    I'm playing Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Lots of sneaking and
    crawling through ducts. Kind of thiefly.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> kirjoitti
    viestissä:TDgnd.475$8B7.310@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
    >>> Don't give up on FMs because of a slow connection!! There's a CD
    >>> mail-out
    >>> circle that's been organized to help people just like you out. It's
    >
    > There is also the DVD that one of the sites sells (Keeper of Metal and
    > Gold??) "to cover costs" :) that had all the released levels on it. I
    > thought what the hay and bought. $15 or somesuch, I don't recall.

    Yeah, Komag, I know him, and he's a good guy. Actually he doesn't sell the
    DVDs -- that's not allowed -- but he takes donations to help him maintain
    his site which is very popular. As a thank you, you also get the FM DVDs.
    Komag is a sound chap.

    - Mika L
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:19:55 +0200, "Mika Latokartano"
    <mika.latokartano@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid> wrote:

    >"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> kirjoitti
    >viestissä:TDgnd.475$8B7.310@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
    >>
    >> There is also the DVD that one of the sites sells (Keeper of Metal and
    >> Gold??) "to cover costs" :) that had all the released levels on it. I
    >> thought what the hay and bought. $15 or somesuch, I don't recall.
    >
    >Yeah, Komag, I know him, and he's a good guy. Actually he doesn't sell the
    >DVDs -- that's not allowed -- but he takes donations to help him maintain
    >his site which is very popular. As a thank you, you also get the FM DVDs.
    >Komag is a sound chap.

    You can't sell the missions, but it's okay to cover the cost of the DVD
    and shipping, I guess.

    If they ever get us a T3 editor I hope that blue-ray or some other higher
    density disc format finally comes out. It will be difficult storing
    missions if they're all the size of CL. ;)

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Games Hotmail Cookie Video Games