Sign in with
Your question

Gaming mobo buy

Last response: in Systems
March 29, 2010 8:27:48 AM

for gaming and performance which board is best. those made by intel or those using intel chipset but by other manufacturers.

More about : gaming mobo buy

March 29, 2010 10:09:16 AM

The question is . . .

Which CPU Socket Platform should I purchase for best cost effective gaming ??

The answer is : . . . First, you start with the best graphics GPU card you can afford, and "build down" around it.

The two most popular and cost effective gaming rigs, if an ample budget is wisely applied, are :

1) Asus or Gigabyte Socket 1156 mobos with a Core i5-750 cooled by Hyper 212

2) Asus or Gigabyte Socket AM3 790/890 Phenom-II or Athlon-II x3-Core ~3.4 GHz

Whichever platform you choose,you want RipJaws 2x2GB DDR3 1600 CAS7 RAM $119

Whichever platform you choose you want a Sapphire Brand 1GB GDDR3 RADEON GPU
... Get at least a SINGLE (ONE ONLY) 5750 or a SINGLE 5870 (at most)

To review, ... Your GPU choices should be ONLY ONE of 5750, 5770, 5850, 5870 . . .

. . . avoid the 5830 ...

Choose the most expensive, of these four GPUs, which you can possibly stretch for ...

... You need 4GB system/mobo RAM. ... 2GB won't do.

= Alvin =
m
l
Related resources
March 29, 2010 12:59:57 PM

I THINK I HAD ALREADY SAID THAT MY BUDGET FOR MOBO,CPU AND GPU IS 20000RS 0R AROUND 400$. A BIT FLEXIBILITY IS THERE. I PREFER NVIDIA SOME SAYS IT IS BETTER THAN ATI.
m
l
March 29, 2010 1:01:45 PM

CAN ANYONE CLEAR MY DOUBT.
ORIGINAL INTEL MANUFACTURED BOARD OR INTEL CHIPSET BOARD MANUFACTURED BY ASUS ETC. WHICH ONE IS RELIABLE AND BETTER IN LONGRUN
m
l
March 29, 2010 7:20:47 PM

Games care only about two things ...

(1) Games care what GPU you have (MOST) ... I am not going to teach a class, here ..ATI 5850 or 5870 is the best card now and will get you farthest down the road ... If you do not already understand that ATi is (and will be) the most desirable gaming GPU (over nVidia), then, you need to do some educationl research of your own ...
... ATi has been "the only game in town" for over a year now and will be (cost/performance) for many months to come.

(2) GAMES ONLY CARE ABOUT 2 (or more) cores and the fastest CPU clock speed possible. That is why most budget gamers start with a fast Athlon-II x2 core and over-clock the hell out of it. At 2 cores (or more), all you should care about is cycles/second/dollar ... AMD clearly does this much cheaper.

Sorry, my friend from afar, ... I do not have the time to "convince" you ... I work for free and, if you are asking me how to get the best gaming experience for $400 ?? .. I will tell you ... I have done that research and that is why you are here ... asking me.

Take my advice ... or do not ... it is a moot point ... you cannot build a decent INTEL/nVidia Gaming Core, for under $400 USD.

= Yer very good friend =

I am not selling anything but wisdom, good sense and experience. Buy what you want to.

m
l
March 29, 2010 10:59:16 PM

Yeah agree with the guy above me. If you don't have almost 1k in cash don't try building a gaming rig. Maybe for $750 you could put together one of those budget systems that will get the job done. If you only have $400 that's barely enough for a GPU lol. Stick with your PS3 or XBox.

I'm trying to upgrade my computer and already have parts like HD, case, mouse/keyboard, monitor, speakers, and I'm looking at almost 1k for only a CPU,Mobo, GFX combo.

m
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b å Intel
March 29, 2010 11:14:23 PM

hiteshwild said:
CAN ANYONE CLEAR MY DOUBT.
ORIGINAL INTEL MANUFACTURED BOARD OR INTEL CHIPSET BOARD MANUFACTURED BY ASUS ETC. WHICH ONE IS RELIABLE AND BETTER IN LONGRUN

Do not purchase an original Intel manufactured MOBO. You want to purchase a board made by either ASUS, Gigabyte or EVGA (in order of ranking). These boards have better features for overclocking and better reliablity over the long run. Intel boards are basic boards with nothing flashy about them.
m
l
March 29, 2010 11:16:14 PM

Board manufacturers often add more features and are generally better for overclocking.. Otherwise on stock settings, all are almost same..
m
l
!