Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

EVGA 660 TI SC Overclocking Issues

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
February 11, 2013 6:38:53 PM

Hi:

I am trying to Overclock the EVGA 660 TI SC, I am stable at 100 mhz on the core clock but when I set at 100 mhz when play for some minutes the display driver crash!, is this due to voltage? because my temps are in 55 C I think is a pretty decent temperature and I can put a little more voltage to get more extra mhz, btw how I can add more voltage, I can see EVGA Precision X has a maximum of 1175 mv. Also why other brands can do more MHZ on the same GPU? you might say because the cooling but I have very good temperatures and can't understand why I can't push a little more my core clock.

Thanks in advance
a c 125 U Graphics card
a c 125 K Overclocking
February 12, 2013 9:29:39 AM

Hi,

You said: "I am stable at 100 mhz on the core clock but when I set at 100 mhz when play for some minutes the display driver crash"

This is nonsensical, an overclock cannot be both stable and cause driver crashes.

An increase in voltage would most likely solve the issue, however I think the GTX660 Ti (and GTX670's) are voltage locked at 1.175V, There is a BIOS that allows 1.212V for the GTX670 but I'm unsure if such a BIOS exists for the GTX660 Ti.

Processors overclock to different levels, even within the same model or on the same silicon wafer, that's why some people reach higher overclocks than you can.
m
0
l
February 12, 2013 10:33:14 AM

Rustyy117 said:
Hi,

You said: "I am stable at 100 mhz on the core clock but when I set at 100 mhz when play for some minutes the display driver crash"

This is nonsensical, an overclock cannot be both stable and cause driver crashes.

An increase in voltage would most likely solve the issue, however I think the GTX660 Ti (and GTX670's) are voltage locked at 1.175V, There is a BIOS that allows 1.212V for the GTX670 but I'm unsure if such a BIOS exists for the GTX660 Ti.

Processors overclock to different levels, even within the same model or on the same silicon wafer, that's why some people reach higher overclocks than you can.



Sorry I was confused, I meant stable at 90 Mhz but when set to 100 mhz then the driver stop working, I will be looking for this bios.

Thanks
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 125 U Graphics card
a c 125 K Overclocking
February 12, 2013 10:35:23 AM

john1587 said:
Sorry I was confused, I meant stable at 90 Mhz but when set to 100 mhz then the driver stop working, I will be looking for this bios.

Thanks


Ah ok no worries. :) 

Be careful to make sure the BIOS is compatible with your card before flashing!
Share
February 19, 2013 10:36:55 AM

Best answer selected by john1587.
m
0
l
!