Watercooling my new system

Smexy

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
Hey guys, I am here to ask for a little help on selecting a good custom loop for my new setup. I am a little new to the world of water cooling so I looked into the sticky posted above. Here are the specs:

Case: NZXT Switch 810
Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU: Intel i7-3820 @ 3.6 OC'd to 4.5GHZ
GPU: 2xAsus DC2 680gtx 4GB SLI
PSU: Rosewill lightning 1300 series - 1300W

Want to only water cool the GPU and CPU. Don't really see a point for RAM and others because they are always cool as is. I'm looking for a few pointers and suggestions on what I should look at. Thank you for the help!

kombatmedik30

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Hi smexy....I am a noob too but I have been trolling the forums for quite some time here. First of all...nice case even though I chose the CM cosmos 2. Your case (in reviews) can fit a 60mm 360 radiator on it nicely. Which brand you pick is up to your budget but the black ice rads are from what I read are very good. You can also fit a 240 rad in the removable hard drive cage. Pump wise I would go with swiftech 655 pump (possibly with the mod top and 150 conversion kit). Again all this is dependent on your budget. My budget doesnt go that far!

kid_darknesssss

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
You have a lot of options and it really comes down to you doing the homework and knowing what your building. As far as brands, I really like Koolance & EK Water Blocks, and XSPC makes some good stuff too.

My advice is to run a good pump (at least a D5 variant) with 2 RADs, or do a dual loop for even better performance. I don't know your budget or the exact layout of the case so this is where your own ingenuity comes in.

Best of luck!

Single loop over dual loop unless chipset is being cooled, which you don't want to do anyway which is good
and EK are fine if you avoid their Nickel blocks,
Glad to see you've found the sticky, now use the info in there to calculate your TDP and you can tell us how much rad you need as a minimum
Moto

Smexy

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
Thanks for all the advice guys! I plan on going with two rads and a good pump right now. I found the blocks for my GPU's and CPU as well. Is it worth getting a block and cooling my mobo as well?