Sign in with
Your question

Optical input sound card windows 7

Last response: in Components
June 8, 2010 11:32:17 AM

I'm looking for a reasonably priced sound card with optical input so I can play ps3 sounds through my pc speakers, I can't find anything that is compatible with windows 7 64bit, any suggestions?
a b $ Windows 7
June 8, 2010 5:06:48 PM

ASUS Xonar D1/DX
HT Omega Striker

I make a major note: Niether of these cards can DECODE a Dolby Digital/DTS signal, so the only input that will work is standard 2.0 PCM [any sample rate, provided your speakers can play the signal].
m
l
June 9, 2010 1:36:42 AM

The Asus Xonar cards you linked don't have optical input? and the HT Omega Striker appears to be unavailable in Australia also it is PCI not PCIe.
I think I'm going to go with the Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe, seems to be everything I need at a reasonable price and available in Australia.
Anyone else have any suggestions or ideas?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 9, 2010 12:12:47 PM

From Techreport:

Quote:
If you prefer digital connections, the DX's S/PDIF output is shared with its analog line and mic input port. A digital S/PDIF input port isn't provided on the port cluster, but the card does feature a four-pin auxiliary input connector.

http://techreport.com/articles.x/14500/2

I'd assume the D1 was the same way, but you might want to check up on that ahead of time. I completly forgot the DX wasn't packaged with a SPDIF input port (though thats normal for budget cards).

And for reasons I've long since stated, I can not and will not ever reccomend a Creative product until they get some driver stability.
m
l
!