I have 2 mb of ram, not a lot but when I look up my resources, it says 98% is us

amazake

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
Hello,
How do I clear the crap out without damaging my computer and get it back to when it ran quickly. I have norton and run a lot of the options, but nothing helps.

manojgj

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
waht mean by "us"....
if 98% is you usage all the time then its definitely virus or malware or adware etc..
will you able to post screenshot of your process explorer from task manager.. it may help us to see some thing
(try to get screen shot after selecting ascending view of cpu & memory usage by clicking cpu & memory tab (confirm it by small upward triangle above the label)

if Norton scan doesn't work then try to get them for support
or you can try some other antivirus ..

**once virus virus make its stand on your os by bypassing antivirus , its better to format you xp & have fresh installation.. dont forget to backup your data's***

In Task Manager>Processes tab, click on the word CPU then click again, That brings the high users to the top of the list. Which are your high users? There is no Memory tab by default in XP but the CPU usage will do. After you do that, restart into Safe Mode, log in as Administrator and do the same - are your previous high users now missing?