IP renew not working on D-Link router

Rezn0r

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2004
I have a Dl-614+ router and for awhile now the IP Renew hasn't worked; I just get a timeout everytime. It didn't really matter because with my old ISP I could just have a static IP and it worked fine but I just recently switched ISP's and I don't think it will work that way (haven't tried it out yet).

So anyways I was wondering if anyone has heard of something like this happening before or has any ideas?

Thanks

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
1) You're talking about WAN IP not LAN, right?

2) Have you tried repowering the router, and the cable/DSL modem?

<pre> \|/
jlanka (. .)
___________oOOo_(_(_)_)_oOOo___________
</pre><p>

leeanator

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2002
A friend of mine had the same problem. If you can...connect your computer directly to be able to access the internet. Then download the newest firmware for the router. His came with 1.03 version if I can remember correctly. We upgraded it to 1.05 and all ofa suddent the WAN light would stay on..and the internet worked. Also make sure you select the proper type of Internet connection.

----------------------------------------
AMD Athlon 2500+
A7N8X
512MB PC3200
GeForce FX 5600 Ultra
Windows 2000 Professional
Visit <A HREF="http://www.bike.tk" target="_new">http://www.bike.tk</A>

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
They have free 24/7 tech support - call them ... they'll get you up and running ...

<b> ...more people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol - W.C. Fields </b>

julian

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2004
24x7 support ?? you must be kidding. I have called D-link in three countries and never managed to speak to a person. There is hardly an email address that is not sales to send a question/problem... and If you do it to sales... well, I have done and I have not received an answer....

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Is this a cable internet connection? Cable (at least in my area) doesn't change IPs unless you hook the modem up to a device with a different MAC address. You will likely have to set it up on your computer then move it back to make the ip change.
Cable might be different in other areas, I don't know. That is what you have to do where I live.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

kvf271

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
i had been trying to obtain a new ip from my isp for 30 mins or so with no luck. Switching to static and manually enter an correct gateway, etc led to no internet connection. After reading,

"Is this a cable internet connection? Cable (at least in my area) doesn't change IPs unless you hook the modem up to a device with a different MAC address."

it finally clicked in my head. Simply continue using dhcp, but change the MAC address (even by one character). Worked like a charm!!! Haha, take that mega video! i can once again renew my ip to beat your sill time constraints for non-members!