GA-X58A-UD3R vs ASUS P6T

tauro91

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I ordered the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R cause of USB 3.0 and SATA 3, but after reading so many reviews most of them were bad and most of the people who bought them had Memory compatibility issues and some of them heard weird noises which I believe come from a capacitor on the motherboard.

I don't know if I should return it and change it for an Asus. Opinions? plz let me know, I really don't know what I should do now.

Solution
No one here takes much stock of user reviews. Most are written by the kind of people who shouldn't touch technology.

Memory compatibility issues are mostly due to not properly setting the RAM timings, speed and voltages. Which can be fixed extremely easily, furthering my point above.

I would stick with the board. If you have any problems, RMA it and get the Asus P6X58D Premium (it's a little more expensive). I wouldn't get a new board without USB 3/SATA III at this point.
No one here takes much stock of user reviews. Most are written by the kind of people who shouldn't touch technology.

Memory compatibility issues are mostly due to not properly setting the RAM timings, speed and voltages. Which can be fixed extremely easily, furthering my point above.

I would stick with the board. If you have any problems, RMA it and get the Asus P6X58D Premium (it's a little more expensive). I wouldn't get a new board without USB 3/SATA III at this point.

Solution