Just got my 3-way SLI....

G

I just got my 3-Way SLI cards today... I ordered 3 Nvidia 285 GTXs (paid a little over $1400 plus tax, not too bad considering the POWER)... For the ultimate gaming experience... I have a slight issue though

I'm having an issue seeing a picture on the screen after installing two of the cards. If I install the third card, I got nothing. Was there something special you have to do to get this up and running.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Hmm... I didn't think people still bought those...

List your full system specs and we'll help.

Unfortunately, I foresee this thread ending with the OP purchasing a $250+ power supply to compliment his $1400 in Nvidia silicon.

G

That MOBO supports ATI CrossfireX. If I were you, and you wanted top-of-the-line, I'd get an HD5970 and an HD5870 for $400 less, which you can invest on liquid cooling if you wanted. Alternatively, $1,200 in 2x HD5970 would be beastly, and $200 could go into a Corsair 850Watt PSU.

nfail

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
I just got my 3-Way SLI cards today... I ordered 3 Nvidia 285 GTXs (paid a little over $1400 plus tax, not too bad considering the POWER)... For the ultimate gaming experience... I have a slight issue though

the issue you have is a bit more serious than slight.

G

ATI has terrible linux support which I need to dual boot. I have an ATI in work and know for years how difficult it is to get going on my unix box. So, I'll have to stick with Nvidia.

G

Not an issue, I just wanted to purchase the best nvidia cards out there. As I said, I'm not going the ATI route.