Sign in with
Your question

Strange problem any ideas

Last response: in Systems
March 29, 2010 6:06:11 PM

Ok so iam runninga Intel core 2 quad Q6700 @2.66ghz a pt5n-deluxe Mother board with 4gb of ram 250gb hd and a Ati radeon hd 5770 all part where purchased brand new i have ran 3dmark 06 and prime 95 all test results where good. I ran prime 95 for 5 hrs and no errors my pc is experiencing this wierd issue when my gf is connected to her work server here are some screenshots " alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />

More about : strange problem ideas

March 29, 2010 6:24:48 PM

How is she connecting to her work server? Are these images from the computer itself, or screens from programs running on the server (remote desktop access)?

One thing it might be (and I know this because it happened to my laptop) is a problem with the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Windows Update. That can be reinstalled with this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...
m
l
March 30, 2010 6:16:43 PM

branflakes71 said:
How is she connecting to her work server? Are these images from the computer itself, or screens from programs running on the server (remote desktop access)?

One thing it might be (and I know this because it happened to my laptop) is a problem with the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Windows Update. That can be reinstalled with this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...

the connetion is established throuth a secure log in at her work site followed by rsa token verification these images are of my computer, programs running on the server, and my computer.
m
l
Related resources
March 31, 2010 2:52:37 AM

Did you try my suggestion about Visual C Runtime? I had similar issues on my work laptop and that's what fixed it.
m
l
March 31, 2010 3:56:06 AM

yes i did it seems to have worked but only time will tell because the error only happens occasoinaly it not constant the longest ive gone is about a week but i will keep you posted
m
l
March 31, 2010 6:09:22 PM

Let us know. It was strange on my laptop. I'd be fine for hours, then it would happen. If I restarted, it'd be fine for hours again. Took me over a week to find the solution. Hopefully, it is the only problem for you.
m
l
March 28, 2011 8:16:14 PM

well it did get better with the visual c++ change but i encountered the error again i ended up formatting (didnt work happened again after like 3 days) swapping hard disks(went from ata to sata) replacing the motherboard (warranty covered by asus) and ram chips along with changing os to windows 7 so somewhere along the line the error was corrected i have a strong feeling it was a faulty memory slot cuz i did a test a friend told me to try put one chip in one slot and turn on the pc idk( one slot failed) any way my conclusion is fualty hardware mostlikly memory Thank you for all your help
m
l
!