Solved

Will this support my E7500 ?

So i currently got a E2180 (Not OCed) and its been a time of glory for this cpu, the best bang for the buck ive ever had (Ive built 20+ PCs) . Now its time to upgrade it for something better since the 2.00ghz is kinda dissapointing these days and I dont like OCing on my home pc (Not my gaming one). The question would be: Does my PC Chips P29G Motherboard support a E7500 from Intel or even a Q6600. I meet the requirements of Socket, FSB . If its not supported could you reccomend a procesor that would be a increase over my current E2180 for this Mobo.

Thanks in Advance, John
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will support e7500
  1. Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

What specific mobo do u have?
  2. saint19 said:
    Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

What specific mobo do u have?

Thanks on the welcome to the Forum.
    Its a PC Chips(brand) P29G (model) v1.00 (version) the version is just my guess, if you need anymore info I will be arround :)
  3. Best answer
    Hi again.

You can see here the CPU support list for ur mobo unfortunately only support until the Core 2 Duo E6700
  4. saint19 said:
    Hi again.

You can see here the CPU support list for ur mobo unfortunately only support until the Core 2 Duo E6700

Useful i guess its time for an Mobo upgrade :( I really loved this baby Thanks :P
  5. Any time, that's why we are here. U can go with a new rig i5, i7 or AMD.
  6. j00791 said:
    Useful i guess its time for an Mobo upgrade :( I really loved this baby Thanks :P

If you do decide to upgrade the motherboard and want the best bang for your buck I would suggest going with an AMD tri or quad core. Depending on the motherboard you will be able to reuse your DDR2 RAM to save on cost.
  7. I will get a new Intel mobo (I Have been Intel fanboy since p3 :P ) so yeah i can get a sub 100 dls mobo and the procesor and maybe i got the ability to save the money for the ram :) THanks again :p
  8. Best answer selected by j00791.
  9. Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-UD3LR
    Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 Yorkfield 2.5GHz 4MB L2 Cache

These are the parts im into changing :) This forum is really nice too keep the good work up !
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Support