Sign in with
Your question

Looking for good am3 gaming mobo.

Last response: in Motherboards
December 3, 2010 6:01:10 AM

Hello, I'm looking for a good am3 mobo for gaming.
I do plan to xfire and my budget is $120.

More about : good am3 gaming mobo

a b V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
December 3, 2010 8:47:43 AM

ASRock 870 Extreme would be a very good option...
But if you want to stick with Tier 1 brands, then Gigabyte 890GX(But would cost ~$135) or MSI 890GX(but is a mATX so has limited slots hence when going Crossfire, you will not be able to use other slots)
m
l
a c 148 V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
December 3, 2010 12:21:41 PM

I try not to be a fanboy, but my first choice is ASRock. In my limited (half a dozen vs. many thousands sold!) personal experience they've given me less trouble than Gigabyte or Biostar, and seem to be on par with Asus for use of quality parts (like all solid caps). I can't decide about MSI; a few years back they were very poor, but I can't help but think they've improved. I'd buy Asus too; ASRock spawned from them.
I picked up HardwareSecrets' 870iCafe review unit when they put it on eBay; as their review said, the 870 Extreme is the better board, but it was hard to argue with the $35 bid price. It unlocked my 740BE to a X4 no sweat.
m
l
Related resources
December 4, 2010 2:01:30 PM

Onus said:
I try not to be a fanboy, but my first choice is ASRock. In my limited (half a dozen vs. many thousands sold!) personal experience they've given me less trouble than Gigabyte or Biostar, and seem to be on par with Asus for use of quality parts (like all solid caps). I can't decide about MSI; a few years back they were very poor, but I can't help but think they've improved. I'd buy Asus too; ASRock spawned from them.
I picked up HardwareSecrets' 870iCafe review unit when they put it on eBay; as their review said, the 870 Extreme is the better board, but it was hard to argue with the $35 bid price. It unlocked my 740BE to a X4 no sweat.

Yea I'm going with asrock because it has what I need for a good price. I just needed a board that supports xfire and that i can upgrade it later with better parts. I was going to go with this $167 msi board but only reason it was more expensive is because it can support 16x16 xfire and can also fit two more with 8x8.
m
l
a c 148 V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
December 4, 2010 2:16:54 PM

I'm sure you noticed, but the 870 Extreme is the one you want; the iCafe does not do Crossfire.
m
l
July 14, 2014 11:47:42 PM

Msi 990fxa GD 65
m
l
!