Removing to CMOS battery and using the "clear CMOS/BIOS" jumper does the same thing. Do the following to help increase your liklihood of success:
1. Disconnect all power sources from the computer, including the monitor connection.
2. Press the power button to discharge all residual power stroed in the system (you may actually see your LEDs flash, this is normal).
3. Remove the coin battery from the mobo or move the jumper block, either will work.
4. Wait 30 seconds and replace the battery or return the jumper block to the normal position.
5. Reconnect the monitor and power cord and fire up your computer.
You should have cleared the CMOS/BIOS at it should now be in its default configuration. Good luck!