T2, XP, and Radeon video card?

Last response: in Video Games
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2004 5:31:12 PM

After setting up T2, Darkloader, and FM's. I have a minor problem in
that when I load a game, most of the time I get a black screen and then
a flat ping sound. When I hit escape or space bar I go back to the
Darkloader screen.
I am running a Pentium 4 - 2.8 Ghz and a Sapphire Radeon 9200
Atlantis with driver date 9/29/04 ver. 6.14.10.6483.
I sometimes have to load a saved game or new game 5 or 6 times
before the game is able to run.
Any suggestions?
Albert

More about : radeon video card

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2004 10:16:30 PM

"Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:QKmod.29496$jq5.10872@fe2.texas.rr.com...
> After setting up T2, Darkloader, and FM's. I have a minor problem in
> that when I load a game, most of the time I get a black screen and then a
> flat ping sound. When I hit escape or space bar I go back to the
> Darkloader screen.
> I am running a Pentium 4 - 2.8 Ghz and a Sapphire Radeon 9200 Atlantis
> with driver date 9/29/04 ver. 6.14.10.6483.
> I sometimes have to load a saved game or new game 5 or 6 times before
> the game is able to run.
> Any suggestions?

Something similar happened to me, but I cannot remember the exact reason for
it. It might have been the well-known "Direct 3D device does not correctly
report texture memory usage" -error that sometimes occurs with nVidia cards
and has also been encountered on ATI cards, depending on driver versions.
Here's the link to the TTLG Thief FAQ entry:
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75031#textu...

Might that be the cause for your problem?

- Mika L
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 22, 2004 11:50:33 PM

Mika,
Thanks! That seemed to fix it. That pesky ole ;
Albert

> Something similar happened to me, but I cannot remember the exact reason
> for it. It might have been the well-known "Direct 3D device does not
> correctly report texture memory usage" -error that sometimes occurs with
> nVidia cards and has also been encountered on ATI cards, depending on
> driver versions. Here's the link to the TTLG Thief FAQ entry:
> http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75031#textu...
>
> Might that be the cause for your problem?
>
> - Mika L

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 23, 2004 1:08:16 PM

"Albert Conklin" <aconklin@satx.rr.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:tisod.30017$jq5.21193@fe2.texas.rr.com...
> Mika,
> Thanks! That seemed to fix it. That pesky ole ;
> Albert

Glad that it worked! :)  A nasty glitch, that.

- Mika L