Life 3820

erosalex

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
hi

sabertooth x79 + i7 3820 + 4x8gb vengenance 1866 + hyper 212 evo + xfx 850 bronze + haf 912 + ocz vertex plus

set multiplier to 40x (4 Ghz) turbo core ENABLED e hyper threading ENABLE
temp. max 65 ° vcore in full is 1.224 v

run linx (3 cicle witouth error)

this procio to 4Ghz with this temp. so for 10 hours a day (in full 3 hours) . how many years can I work?

thanks at all

Hi

We can't accurately calculate your CPU's lifespan with the information you provided, you'd have to know alot about the CPU's architecture and have a very good understanding of how electro-migration effects a CPU over time, even with all that knowledge you could only give an educated guess.

Anyway, the voltage you're using and the temps under load are well within safe limits so if I had to guess I would say it would last at least 5 years before any serious degradation.

Try to keep the CPU temp below 72C under maximum load for 24/7 use. The higher the temp the faster the CPU will degrade (die).

CPU's die pretty quickly at about 100C, however your motherboard should shut your PC down if it gets too hot (you can set this thermal shutdown limit manually in the BIOS if you want).

Yes a difference of 5C between the coldest and hottest core is perfectly normal and very common.