Setting BIOS to partition a 3TB HD

mellysp8s

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
Hey All, I am trying to partition my Hitatchi DeskStar 3TB hard drive. I can only get my board to recognize 756GB. I am currently running the consumer Windows 8 with a MSI 990FA-GD80. Can anyone tell me what I need my BIOS settings to be to get this completly recognized so I can utilize the entire hard hrive? Thanks for your help!!!

Solution
There should not need to be anything special to setup in the bios at least there was not with the MSI 890FXA-GD70 as I have 5 3tb hard disk drive in my system now and I did nothing in the bios for them to work. Are you installing the 32bit or 64 bit version of Windows 8?
From MSI:
3TB+ Infinity

3TB+ Infinity is not only breaking through the limit of traditional BIOS, but also enhancing the utilization of hard drives efficiently. In addition to supporting the latest 3TB hard drives, MSI 3TB+ Infinity technology can use the 3TB hard drive as boot disk when installing a 64-bit operating system. Compared to competitors, MSI 3TB+ Infinity is an industry-leading technology which substantially presents an advantage of development and...
There should not need to be anything special to setup in the bios at least there was not with the MSI 890FXA-GD70 as I have 5 3tb hard disk drive in my system now and I did nothing in the bios for them to work. Are you installing the 32bit or 64 bit version of Windows 8?
From MSI:
3TB+ Infinity

3TB+ Infinity is not only breaking through the limit of traditional BIOS, but also enhancing the utilization of hard drives efficiently. In addition to supporting the latest 3TB hard drives, MSI 3TB+ Infinity technology can use the 3TB hard drive as boot disk when installing a 64-bit operating system. Compared to competitors, MSI 3TB+ Infinity is an industry-leading technology which substantially presents an advantage of development and application in the future.

Features
- All the latest 3TB hard drivers on the market can be supported
- Make the 3TB hard drive as boot disk when installing a 64-bit operating system

Solution