Realtek HD Audio Manager not recognizing my devices

proswimmer89

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
I had no problem with it, but now for some reason, whenever I plug in my headset/mic, it won't respond like it usually does. Usually it will tell me "an audio devices has been plugged in" or something similar to that, but now it won't respond at all. And the headset itself has no problems because I tried it on my laptop. My speakers will not work either. Nothing works. I didn't even touch any settings that would have caused this. I use the onboard sound card for the Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P. Is there any solution to this, or any reason why this happened?

boldor

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Try downloading drivers at Gigabye/Realtek. Also it might be the minijack ports that are broken. If you have pressed down on ur jack while it was insterted in the port you might damaged it, it happens to me all the time.

Harryslotter

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
I had a simmilar problem, new drivers did not work so i bought a cheap PCI sound card, this also did not work properly until I moved the card to another PCI slot as the first slot didn,t like it. Remember to dissable your onboard sound chip in your BIOS before installing and uninstall your sound driver to.