Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium(PCI-e) suggestion

Last response: in Components
June 8, 2010 9:00:16 PM

I'm going for a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium(PCI-e) and I'll be using Windows 7 x64 with it.
I have 2 creative cards(PCI) and from the day i switched to vista or 7 from xp,they've been disturbing me like hell.So i don't want to get in trouble this time.
Main question is if you have experienced this card in Windows 7 or can say without a single doubt whether it'll work perfectly in Windows 7 or not(by perfectly I mean all the EAX, Crystallizer, CMSS-3D,etc work perfectly)
SUGGESTIONS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED

Best solution

June 8, 2010 9:13:10 PM

I have an X-Fi Titanium with Win 7 64bit in the beginning it was a little buggy but they updated their drivers and I never had a problem since. So if you do get one make sure you get the latest driver from creative.com and you will have no problems.
Related resources
June 8, 2010 9:19:48 PM

Best answer selected by amdenthusiast.
m
l
June 13, 2010 2:41:04 PM

Bought it.Works Flawlessly on 7 x64.
Thanks again...
m
l
June 19, 2010 7:48:51 PM

It will unless you have something blocking the pcie1 slots
m
l
July 1, 2010 8:30:48 AM

So going from a pci creative card to the PCI-e version is now working flawlessly?
I'm just curious cos my Creative pci card has given me nothing but grief and blue screens of death no matter what driver I use on 7 X64.
Would be great to know if the PCI-e version does'nt have the same problems.
m
l
July 1, 2010 1:33:28 PM

monsta said:
So going from a pci creative card to the PCI-e version is now working flawlessly?
I'm just curious cos my Creative pci card has given me nothing but grief and blue screens of death no matter what driver I use on 7 X64.
Would be great to know if the PCI-e version does'nt have the same problems.

I have never gotten a BSOD from my X-fi pro. I dont know about the older PCI cards I never had one on a Win 7 machine.
m
l
July 1, 2010 7:32:30 PM

My Sound Blaster 5.1 and Audigy PCI used to give BSODs.....So getting a BSOD is not a special thing according to me....
m
l
!