Kicked computer on accident

hewny

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
I accidently kicked the side of my computer case, where the mother board is mounted, pretty hard while it was running. Can this damage my computer in any way or do any harmful effect? Thanks!

tecmo34

Administrator
Your case should have protected your motherboard. If you case is showing physical damage (dent) than I would check your motherboard for possible damage (cracks).

If your PC remained running and still boots without issues, I wouldn't worry to much about it.

G

Wait a second... explain how you accidentally kick a computer case?

But I agree with Tecmo34- If it was running after and boots without issues, you should be fine.

dingoperson

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2010
I wouldn't think that the damage tolerance of a system is a lot different from a Solid State Disk, and those usually have a massive G-force tolerance. Touch your motherboard after walking on furry carpets on the other hand.. ;)

If you want to be on the safe side you can unzap yourself, open it up and make sure all the components are still seated well. But still unlikely to find any problem.

G

I've done that... But it was with my old computer with no side panel. All I've got to say is lesson learned.