New Stealth Game 'Stolen' out next year!

Just a headsup!
http://www.avault.com/articles/getarticle.asp?name=stolen

rms
5 answers Last reply
More about stealth game stolen year
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    rms wrote:

    > Just a headsup!
    > http://www.avault.com/articles/getarticle.asp?name=stolen
    >
    > rms

    Might be promising. Screen captures are a bit bright for hiding in
    the dark.
    Albert
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> kirjoitti
    viestissä:dXtod.29423$5b1.70@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
    > Just a headsup!
    > http://www.avault.com/articles/getarticle.asp?name=stolen

    Thanks.

    Always good to see new stealth games being developed. Stolen seems to have
    many basic elements common with Thief. The screenshots didn't do anything
    for me though, and they all seem to be 3rd person pov shots. Since the game
    is primarily developed on the PS2, it probably won't even include 1st person
    pov, but what do I know.

    Good luck to the developers, I sincerely hope that Stolen succeeds. That
    would increase the chances of there being a Thief IV :)

    - Mika L
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    Albert Conklin wrote:

    > Might be promising. Screen captures are a bit bright for hiding in
    > the dark.

    Normal screen captures would probably come out black, or become
    black in reproduction -- these have almost certainly been keyed
    very high to avoid that.

    I can't make sense of the EDGE quote, though:

    "Stolen may snatch the thrill of stealth back from the competition"

    What competition is that, and what did Hip or Blue52 do in the stealth
    line of games before they lost the thrill to them ... if that makes any sense?

    --
    Anders Thulin ath*algonet.se http://www.algonet.se/~ath
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    rms wrote:
    > Just a headsup!
    > http://www.avault.com/articles/getarticle.asp?name=stolen
    >
    > rms

    Uh-oh...

    Q: Stolen is being developed for the PS2, Xbox and PC. Did you run into
    any issues developing for multiple platforms?

    A: "...the game was created to perform on PS2 hardware specs initially,
    which is the hardest of the three platforms to develop for, in that
    respect. So conversion to the Xbox and PC was an easier job than it
    might have been if we had been doing it the other way round."

    Another conversion debacle similar to that of Thief 3? Sounds
    interesting, other than that. One can easily draw
    similarities/influences from Thief, but it could just be coincidence, or
    the fact that the features talked about are ones obviously thought of
    when the word 'stealth' comes up.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    rms wrote:
    > Just a headsup!
    > http://www.avault.com/articles/getarticle.asp?name=stolen
    >
    > rms

    Looks like a good Taffin game. Sort of a mix of Thief and Splinter
    Cell. I hope it gets good reviews.

Games Video Games