Sign in with
Your question
Solved

OCZ StealthXStream 700w PSU question

Last response: in Components
June 8, 2010 9:55:41 PM

Is it as bad as the reviews I've seen? Crapping out after a few months, burning up and setting off fire alarms, completely unreliable? I just bought one and looked at some of the customer reviews and now I'm scared that I'll have to return it and get a different one? Anyone have any experience with one of these, mainly of one actually working for more than 5 months? Thanks.
June 9, 2010 7:10:41 AM

I have personally never used the stealthXstream but a good friend of mine does. He uses it in his AMD build and it works fine for him. He never mentioned any probs with his PSU and his build is pretty old.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
June 9, 2010 2:23:44 PM

One cannot base their decision just based on "Bad Reviews", put it this way, if you buy a video card and it sucks for whatever reason or you had a bad experience, etc... you will likely report a bad review to let people know that the product sucks. Now, if it was a great video card and there are no issues, that was your expectation already. You're probably too buys playing that new game you got to post a good review... my point is, bad reviews are always higher in number simply because the customer didn't get what they want, good reviews are more of a rarity...
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
June 10, 2010 1:56:21 AM

well ocz psus arent wonderful but they are definitely waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better than the no-name generic crap...
as the above poster said, people are more likely to write bad reviews...
(except me i write reviews for 80% of stuff i buy at newegg even if its great!)
m
l
June 10, 2010 3:04:46 AM

shovenose said:
well ocz psus arent wonderful but they are definitely waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better than the no-name generic crap...
as the above poster said, people are more likely to write bad reviews...
(except me i write reviews for 80% of stuff i buy at newegg even if its great!)

I decided that it wasn't worth the risk after reading that the PSU I bought had a 37% failure rate. Returned it when it got here today for no charge and forked over an extra 20 dollars to get a Corsair TX PSU.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
June 10, 2010 3:13:24 AM

cool :) 
m
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
June 10, 2010 1:49:46 PM

Good choice on the Corsair, that thing will last quite some time...
a b ) Power supply
June 10, 2010 9:34:07 PM

Whats ur problem? How dare you recommend a brand you don use!
Thats despicable!
LOL IM KIDDING!!!
im the one with teh coolmax cu-500b :) 
m
l
June 20, 2010 5:21:58 AM

Best answer selected by guardianangel42.
m
l
!