jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
I am trying to get my win 7 pc hooked up to my cable tv. I was wondering if there is a way to input other signals besides coax into my computer. The stb has hdmi, rca, component, and s-video outputs. Or, is coaxial just the best option?

Sorry if I don't know what I'm talking about, I don't know much about pctv. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
well if u have a tv tuner than u probably have use the coaxial since im pretty sure thats what HAS to connect to ur tuner in order to receive signal im not pctv guru or anything but that seems to be the most logical thing that would work, its probably ur best bet too, hope its not to late for a reply.

DeathAbyss

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
I am not certain of this, but oftentimes it is best to leave the source the way it is; converting from one source to another would usually result in a loss of quality.
If there is hdmi available, and your computer has a port available for hdmi, I think that would be the best result.
Again, I am not fully certain of this. Could someone double check or confirm my answer?

vidwa

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
well if u have a tv tuner than u probably have use the coaxial since im pretty sure thats what HAS to connect to ur tuner in order to receive signal im not pctv guru or anything but that seems to be the most logical thing that would work, its probably ur best bet too, hope its not to late for a reply.

Solution

acebodle

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
yeah since your stb has hdmi you just need to purchase a tv tuner that has a hdmi input checkout Avermedia at newegg works great 1080p resolution purchased myself