Sign in with
Your question

What does <windows root>system32 ntoskrnl exe mean on a laptop and why does it t

Last response: in Windows XP
December 10, 2012 4:30:53 AM

i have my laptop & it wont tart up b/c of a messaage that keeps poppin & i have noooo clue what it means. can someone PEASE HELP ME??

it says:<windowsroot>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
then it tells me to re-nstall above demand??

im clueles about computers & only know that i have to do general maintance on them, but this laptop hs been out of order for a few years now..
a b D Laptop
December 10, 2012 8:56:22 AM

nature_69 said:
i have my laptop & it wont tart up b/c of a messaage that keeps poppin & i have noooo clue what it means. can someone PEASE HELP ME??

it says:<windowsroot>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
then it tells me to re-nstall above demand??

im clueles about computers & only know that i have to do general maintance on them, but this laptop hs been out of order for a few years now..

It is an integral part of the boot sequence that is needed for startup. It is either missing or corrupt. Boot from the windows CD and select 'r' to repair the Operating System. But first, enter setup (F2 key) and make your CD drive the 1st in the boot sequence (before the hard drive). After the repair, remove the CD prior to the next boot, so system boots from hard drive.
m
l
!