Connecting SSD and HDD in RAID 0 on LGA2011

G

Here is what I got:

1. ASUS P9X79 Pro

2. Patriot Wildfire SSD 240GB SATA III 6GB/s - currently connected in AHCI mode, divided into 2 partitions, one is for OS and another one is for games

3. SAMSUNG EcoGreen 2TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152245 - currently connected in AHCI mode as well, used for media storage

4. Corsair Force GT SSD 60GB SATA III 6GB/s - currently only used for HDD caching listed above

Is there a way to connect all these drives in RAID 0? Should I even consider doing that for performance increase, or just leave it the way it is right now? I can consider buying RAID 0 if needed...

Also, right now SATA Hot Plug connection for those drives is disabled in BIOS. Should I enable it? What will it bring in terms of performance?

Thanks, fellas.

Solution
Hello,

I wouldn't bother with RAID. It won't give you any real world differences in terms of performance.

Also - I don't usually recommend people partition their SSD drive.

As for your SATA hot plug - all that does is allow you to take out a connected SATA HDD or SSD that -isnt- being used at the moment. However you need to be using the SATA power connector for your SATA drive as the molex power connector doesn't support it. You also have to "safely remove hardware" in your taskbar - before you hot swap. In general, I don't recommend using it at all, so keep it off.

Edit: One more thing. You cannot RAID 2 different types of disk drives. For example a SSD drive and a HDD.

Even if you could - you would lose all the space of the HDD...
Hello,

I wouldn't bother with RAID. It won't give you any real world differences in terms of performance.

Also - I don't usually recommend people partition their SSD drive.

As for your SATA hot plug - all that does is allow you to take out a connected SATA HDD or SSD that -isnt- being used at the moment. However you need to be using the SATA power connector for your SATA drive as the molex power connector doesn't support it. You also have to "safely remove hardware" in your taskbar - before you hot swap. In general, I don't recommend using it at all, so keep it off.

Edit: One more thing. You cannot RAID 2 different types of disk drives. For example a SSD drive and a HDD.

Even if you could - you would lose all the space of the HDD, and lose all the speed of the SSD. So basically you would have 2 components working half-assed, instead of 2 components working to their 100% potential in non-raid (as you are doing now).

Solution
G

Thanks a lot!