Clone SSD to another SSD

phamhlam

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
What software would you recommend I use to clone a SSD? I need it to be free. I heard about a lot of cloning software but I can't tell which one is reliable.

Solution
Just about any of them. Clonezilla? EASEUS ToDo Backup? Going from SSD to SSD, none of the issues pop up that occur in the more usual case, where someone tries to clone an OS drive to an SSD.

What is the clone for? Backups, replacing the SSD with a new one, something else?
Just about any of them. Clonezilla? EASEUS ToDo Backup? Going from SSD to SSD, none of the issues pop up that occur in the more usual case, where someone tries to clone an OS drive to an SSD.

What is the clone for? Backups, replacing the SSD with a new one, something else?

Solution

phamhlam

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011

Thanks. I plan on upgrade my Corsair Force 3 128GB to a Crucial m4 128GB. At $124.99 yesterday on Amazon, it was a steal. I couldn't believe the price war going on. It was $180 then dip down to $160 (which is still amazing) and keep on going down until yesterday when it hit an all time low of $124.99.